Did you mean: 

Bank Holiday Weekend!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone,

So we’re coming towards the end of summer now but the good news is we still have a long weekend to enjoy!

Personally I’m going to be spending some time gardening (weather permitting), relaxing and I might pop into London to visit the Notting Hill carnival for some jerk chicken and and a dance. 

How about everyone else any interesting plans for the long weekend?

Screen Shot 2016-08-26 at 15.46.35.png

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93982 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

What is a Bank Holiday weekend?

Every day is a holiday here but I worked nights at the Royal Bank of Scotland for 13 years and there was no such thing as a Bank Holiday in the credit card department. People whose card was declined for any reason on any given 'Bank Holiday' still neded to call. Oh. I believe I can claim back any late charges and interest so please send me the last 6 years statements.....who do you think takes the calls?

Me and 200 other minions having to work a Bank Holiday. OK the branches are shut but spare a thought for those taking calls from people who have a day off to call and take uimbridge with the poor advisers who have to tell you that no, no refund, you need to pay £12 late payment fee an £xx in interest charges which are compound interest so that even if you pay in full you will get a charge the following month of interest on the interest...thank god a bank holiday is now the same as any other day for me. I done my time and thank you RBS for my pension, I miss you not a bit!!

Rant over and enjoy your Bank Holiday but spare a thought for those who sort out your problems and count the cash, allocate it to each company whilst checking for counterfeit notes and unload the G4S vans that arrive all through the night.

Better yet, never work for RBS....

Message 11 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125963 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

It's fair to say in all my years of Nursing I was rarely off duty for bank holidays. Conversely, I preferred working them. I could then have my days off when everyone else was back at work...and the town was empty...More importantly... the flights were cheaper....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 12