Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BGT - The Champions

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25156 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Britain`s Got Talent is back with Britain`s Got Talent - The Champions, which kicked off on Saturday night.

The series will feature acts from past series of Britain`s Got Talent and its counterparts from other countries.

Each week, two acts will go through to the final - one "Golden Buzzer", chosen by the judges or Ant and Dec; and one chosen by superfans from various countries.

In the first programme, none of the former Britain`s Got Talent acts made it through to the final three.

The act which nabbed Amanda Holden`s Golden Buzzer was Kseniya Simonova – a former winner of Ukraine’s Got Talent, who makes stunning pictures and images using only sand.

The act voted through by the superfans was daredevil duo Bello and Annaliese Nock, who previously had appeared on America’s Got Talent.

I found the programme was an entertaining mix. I loved Kseniya`s stunning images and think she was a worthy winner.

In my opinion, if the talent of the two winning acts is anything to go by, this should be a thoroughably watchable and enjoyable series.

Did anyone else watch it? What did you think?

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 79
78 REPLIES 78

Mi-Amigo
  • 25156 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff for the list for this week.

Colin Thackery - more of the same sympathy vote performance, probably doing Land Of Hope & Glory as Last Night of the Proms is around this time of year. I just hope Simon doesn`t give him the Golden Buzzer.

Stavos Flately - I quite enjoyed them on BGT but are a bit daft and not likely to win.

George Sampson - that`s the lad who`s name I couldn`t remember. He`s from Manchester and used to busk in the street to help out his Mum, and danced to Singing In The Rain to win BGT a while back. 

Nothing really gripping from UK this week. Wonder what the other acts will be like? 

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 41 of 79

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Colin Thackery....thank the lord there isn't another golden buzzer for Walliams!

Message 42 of 79

Mi-Amigo
  • 25156 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Bit more info on the acts this week:

Stavros Flatley - father + son dance duo from BGT 2009

George Sampson - street breakdancer winner of BGT 2008

Colin Thackery - 89-year old singer - winner of BGT earlier this year

Billy & Emily England - roller-skating duo from BGT series 9

Issy Simpson - young magician - runner-up to Tokio Myers in final of BGT 2017

Tape Face - New Zealand comic/mime artist - finalist on America`s Got Talent

Bonnie Anderson - singer - winner, aged 12, of Australia`s Got Talent 2007, later joined Neighbours

Preacher Lawson - American comedian, finalist in America`s Got Talent 2017

Mirror Family - group from Czech Republic, inspired by de Vinci`s fascination with mirrors form Czech Republic/Slovakia`s Got Talent, formed 2012.

Issy Simpson is the young magician I mentioned in an earlier post. In my opinion, she was brilliant, and

she, George Sampson and Stavros Flatley should make this week`s show worth watching... 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 43 of 79

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I'm interested in watching that Tapeface. By all accounts he was very funny...though I never got to watch him before...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 44 of 79

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I hope they appear in that order then I can start watching after the first four have long gone.....

Message 45 of 79

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I have a problem tomorrow...and every Saturday for a while. SCD starts before BGT...so I will be recording BGT....

Any results under spoilers please....wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 46 of 79

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Fast forward through the Chelsea pensioner (no doubt will be Simon's golden sh*** shower!)

Message 47 of 79

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I recorded this so could whip through the chitter chatter.

As @Mi-Amigo  has not posted, or been on today, I shall put my thoughts under a spoiler.

Simon had the golden buzzer.

More info
I didn't rate George Sampson much. He had a back story where an accident resulting in him being told he would never dance again. He did, but not alone...
Tapeface was rubbish
Issy Simpson was excellent, but didnt make the final 3.
Simon gave the golden buzzer to Stavros Flatley. Those who got to the final 3 were Colin Thackery, Preacher Lawson (who didn't make me laugh at all) and the roller skating couple.
Preacher Lawson won.
Not impressed this week.
More info

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 48 of 79

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I agree with all mostly.......

More info
I wasn't impressed with Preacher at all. I thought the toilet joke unnecessary, it's a family show not a Labour club! He told two of his jokes in the intro and it was pointless repeating them.

Thank heavens Colin Thackery didn't win though with his sickly sympathy vote winning song. He hasn't even got an interesting voice fgs. Britain's best loved pensioner? Me surely? LOL ...or maybe I'm thinking Thailand's Crazy LOL

I'm glad Stravros got the golden buzzer but there again, i'm a sucker for the river dancers Dance
Message 49 of 79

Mi-Amigo
  • 25156 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi guys. Sorry @Cleoriff and @jonsie I didn`t post earlier.

Here are my views:

More info

Izzy should have been put through - best act by far

George was not as good as in BGT and his backstory was similar [but not the same] as one of Merseygirls` last week]; TapeFace; Mirror thingy - nothing special; the roller-skaters were, at least, entertaining...

Thank God, Simon didn`t give Golden Buzzer to Colin the pensioner [who gain played for the sympathy vote which got his 2nd place in superfans vote but like that pathetic magician won`t be in the final] and

yes I was pleased to see Stavros get it - at least they make me laugh which is more than can be said for Preacher - how the hell did he get voted into the final? 

All in all the poorest show so far...

Next week`s can`t be any worse - can it?

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 50 of 79