Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BGT - The Champions

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25156 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Britain`s Got Talent is back with Britain`s Got Talent - The Champions, which kicked off on Saturday night.

The series will feature acts from past series of Britain`s Got Talent and its counterparts from other countries.

Each week, two acts will go through to the final - one "Golden Buzzer", chosen by the judges or Ant and Dec; and one chosen by superfans from various countries.

In the first programme, none of the former Britain`s Got Talent acts made it through to the final three.

The act which nabbed Amanda Holden`s Golden Buzzer was Kseniya Simonova – a former winner of Ukraine’s Got Talent, who makes stunning pictures and images using only sand.

The act voted through by the superfans was daredevil duo Bello and Annaliese Nock, who previously had appeared on America’s Got Talent.

I found the programme was an entertaining mix. I loved Kseniya`s stunning images and think she was a worthy winner.

In my opinion, if the talent of the two winning acts is anything to go by, this should be a thoroughably watchable and enjoyable series.

Did anyone else watch it? What did you think?

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 79
78 REPLIES 78

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Says a lot for TV when this is the highlight of the evening (after football of course) 

Message 11 of 79

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Well actually I will be watching Strictly Come Dancing first @jonsie  cry

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 79

Mi-Amigo
  • 25156 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did you guys watch it? What did you think?

I wasn`t surprised to see Merseygirls get the superfans vote - given the back story. That said, the girl who had the major operation did amazing with back flips and the routine slight_smile

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 13 of 79

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I watched it and loved it @Mi-Amigo 

I was so pleased that Alexa and her loads of dogs got the golden buzzer. They were brilliant.

Now, as discussed in Room 101, I do not like artistes with a back story. However, I will lift that dislike for the Mersey Girls. The lass with scoliosis, after surgery in the US to correct her spine curvature...was nothing short of amazing. Particularly as they said she would never dance again.

I was sad to see Lost Voice guy miss out, also the superb knife throwing act. Terrifying as it was. Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 79

Mi-Amigo
  • 25156 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff 

Totally agree with your comments. Nice to see Ant and Dec give golden buzzer to the German girl and her dogs - to think she is only 11 and has an amazing connection with the logs, which she clearly loves.

I share the view [as mentioned in another thread] on acts going for the sympathy vote rather than being voted for talent - but don`t think that applies in the case of the Merseygirls. The girl with scoliosis said, when they performed on BGT, it would be her last time as she wouldn`t be able to dance again after surgery. Thankfully Simon paid for her to have surgery in the US, she had to learn to walk and then dance again and gave a stunning performance on Sat.

I have always liked Lost Voice Guy and did enjoy [if that`s the right word] the knife throwing act but felt they were up against stiff competitiion.

I`m not sure - but maybe there will be a wild card - so will be interesting to see who might be chosen.  

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 15 of 79

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Overall it was very good entertainment. Finally a show that had VARIETY. So many types of acts and the dogs were amazing. I can't even get my son's dog to sit let alone to lie down. Mind you he is the thickest dog Ive ever known! Just how that young lass trains all those dogs to do the amazing tricks is beyond me.

The sympathy vote for sure for the dancing girls. I dislike acts such as this because I find it all boring BUT it was quite special to see that little girl recover so well from the operation that Simon paid for. You know, he takes a lot of stick but paying for that op and all the other untold things he does for people shows the real man behind the persona. 

Lost Voice Guy? Nah, not for me I'm afraid and neither was the knife thrower, as good as he was.

Great show though slight_smile

Message 16 of 79

Mi-Amigo
  • 25156 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie 

agree with your point about it being a show that had variety and hope the rest of the series is likewise.

The one act which I thought was disappointing was the pianist. In my opinion, setting fire to the piano was not that dramatic thumbsdown   

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 17 of 79

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@jonsie 

agree with your point about it being a show that had variety and hope the rest of the series is likewise.

The one act which I thought was disappointing was the pianist. In my opinion, setting fire to the piano was not that dramatic thumbsdown   

He was a total rip off of Jerry Lee Lewis who set his piano on fire in 1959 when he performed Great Balls Of Fire. Jerry was a one off and I've only ever seen one pianist who came close and that was a kid called Jumping Jack Flash. He was in a musical about 50s and 60s rock and roll nd was brilliant. 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 79

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 19 of 79

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I thought he was ok...particularly when the dummy was shoved into a bag and came out human. joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 79