Did you mean: 

And They're Off!

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

2017_Randox_Health_Grand_National_logo.jpg

It's that time of the year again, where everybody turns into horse racing experts and decides that they and only they can possibly spot the winner in the biggest horse race of the season.

I know that different people have different opinions on the race, and that there are lots of concerns about the welfare of the horses. Let's hope that they all have a safe race, and all make it through without injury or worse. 

This is the only time of the year I tend to have a flutter, normally contenting myself with an occasional lottery ticket or charity lottery, but it's always been something of a family tradition - with my Grandad decades ago allowing Mum and her sisters to pick and horse each and then popping 5 bob each way on it for them, so we've kept that going even though we don't all get together to watch the race these days.

I've had a couple of goes in the office sweepstake, drawing Highland Lodge and Blaklion, and will probably have a nosey at the bookies odds later maybe taking a punt with a fiver - based purely on name, as I haven't a clue about form...and this being the national I'm not convinced that form actually counts for much anyway.

Who are you fancying today? 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 1 of 1
0 REPLIES 0