cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Alexa app broken on Android 9 Pie, anyone else?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Installed the latest update from the Play Store, go to look at my devices and when I select one to look at it's setttings the screen goes blank after displaying things for about 2 seconds (I just see the app background)

Cleared the app cache and removed/reinstalled but no joy.

Nokia 5 with Pie and the September security patch, was ok up until I updated the app this week, anyone else seeing the same issue?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22939 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@Anonymous This is Amazon's suggestions for a fix but it sounds like you've done that already: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202015600
Have you contacted Nokia support?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino 

Thanks for the reply, Yes, have tried that a couple of times.

I might try Amazon's own webchat support on Friday evening as I fancy a test of endurance slight_smile

Sadly HMD's support doesn't match the quality of their products, I did e-mail them last year about the updates not applying to the phone and what I got back was a hard to read broken English reply, I followed all the steps and replied baack but they were pretty much out of ideas.

I ended up remedying that myself by factory resetting the phone, I will do that again if I have to but I'd rather not.

I cleared the apps' cache too, causing it to go through it's first run procedure (sign in and it prompting me with tips about the UI).

I've not rooted the phone (and have never been tempted to tinker in that way) as first and foremost it needs to stay working as a phone, otherwise it's redundant slight_smile

Modern technology eh? Companies take away our control and then make it harder for us to contact them when it goes wrong.

Even where I work it's becoming harder to 'open the bonnet/hood' on stuff as it floats off into the clouds.

Message 3 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22939 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Good luck with getting the issue sorted, @Anonymous. Destroy

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I put some feedback throught the app and they replied via e-mail advising me to do as I've done or phone if it still doesn't work, so will phone tomorrow evening.

Message 5 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

A good ol' Google suggests they've completely busted it, not just on Android but on iOS too, not just here but in the US of A too.

They pushed out a small update but it didn't fix it, I'll wait for them to sort it.

Not very Prime now is it? slight_smile

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another update installed today and it has fixed it.

Message 8 of 10

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Great news thumbsup