Alternative Titles Challenge

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25133 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to the next in the series of Challenges:

THE ALTERNATIVE TITLES CHALLENGE

Some of the well-known Beatles`s songs began with different "working titles"; some UK albums initially had different suggested titles; some UK albums were released in other countries with different titles.

The Challenge is can you identify which alternative title refers to which song, UK album, or UK album released in another country?

Below, in three separate posts, are the alternative titles to:

40 SONGS; 13 UK ALBUMS; and 15 UK ALBUMS released in other countries.

Hint: some ALBUMS, released in the UK, had more than one suggested title.

RULES: please no googling, wiki, website, social media searches for the answers

You may post one answer from one catagory - Songs; or UK Albums; or UK Albums in other country - in each post but not one from each catagory. You may only post one entry per day.

Entries should state which catagory, the alternative title, and what it refers to

[for example, using the famous example "scrambled eggs", which is not in the Challenge, would read:

SONG: "scrambled eggs" = Yesterday ]

Entries for each day will be open from midnight until 11pm.

The Challenge will not be open until midnight tonight [Sat/Sun 30/31 March 2019].

Results will be announced at 11pm with a list of answers still to be found in each catagory.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 225
224 REPLIES 224

Mi-Amigo
  • 25133 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

@Mi-Amigo  This rule you've written is confusing: 'You may post one answer from one catagory - Songs; or UK Albums; or UK Albums in other country - in each post but not one from each catagory. You may only post one entry per day.'

Should it not say 'in each post but only one from each category'?

@Bambino   Thank you for pointing this out. This was an error on my part and apologise for any confusion caused.

What I meant was that only one answer may be given in each post, with only one answer from only one category of the member`s choice, not one answer from two or three categories in that post. 

I hope that clarifies this.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 11 of 225

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10764 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Perfect @Glory1  you are a star. 

Would not like cleo to be on her own.

Good luck glory I'll be rooting for you all.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 12 of 225

TallTrees
  • 10764 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

You are not alone @liggerz87  

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 13 of 225

Mi-Amigo
  • 25133 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

Don't worry @TallTrees, @Cleoriff won't be on her own, I'll be taking part and I'm sure so will @Bambino. Also @pgn I would imagine.

It's not going to be easy, my French and Spanish aren't too bad but my Portugese is non-existent and my German very very limited when it comes to album titles in other countries. The rest will require a bit of brain power - speaking personally you understand smiling

However, I have seen a couple of song titles which, if you know the song lyrics, are dead easy. I'm going for one of those first, if someone doesn't beat me to it joy

Thanks @Glory1 

A very useful clue as to how to tackle the alternative names for songs in this Challenge, which I don`t mind at all slight_smile .

With regards to the UK album titles, some of these were mentioned at the time [`60s] and might be more familiar than first thought.

As far as the UK albums released in other countries, yes a knowledge of languages will help, but a knowledge of Beatles` UK albums and when they were released might also help.

So a few hints and clues, which might encourage @TallTrees and @liggerz87 to consider having a go.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 14 of 225

TallTrees
  • 10764 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Thanks for the thought @Mi-Amigo 

It's not encouragement I need ~ I would join in ~

unfortunately it is a lack of knowledge.

I will look in from time to time though and

take an interest.  Thanks TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 15 of 225

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

So a test of how good our memories of the 60s were @Mi-Amigo, for those of us actually around then as well. And you're right some of them were mentioned at the time. It's just remembering what they were that's going to stretch me. But I'm up for the challenge. It's why I play games on my mobile and tablet to keep this old brain ticking over smiling

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 16 of 225

Mi-Amigo
  • 25133 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:

Thanks for the thought @Mi-Amigo 

It's not encouragement I need ~ I would join in ~

unfortunately it is a lack of knowledge.

I will look in from time to time though and

take an interest.  Thanks TallTrees

Thank you @TallTrees . I hope you will look in.

What you may find is that answers submitted by others might jog a memory or prompt an idea. If so, and you wish to join in as the Challenge progresses, please free to join in. If not, then I hope you find it interesting.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 17 of 225

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I think I can have a decent stab at a few of those clues wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 225

Mi-Amigo
  • 25133 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

So a test of how good our memories of the 60s were @Mi-Amigo, for those of us actually around then as well. And you're right some of them were mentioned at the time. It's just remembering what they were that's going to stretch me. But I'm up for the challenge. It's why I play games on my mobile and tablet to keep this old brain ticking over smiling

Beautifully put @Glory1 . This is one of the reasons I so love doing these Challenges because they also make me think and the replies do bring back so many memories and always hope that those who were not around at that the time will pick up on what "oldies" like me found so great about those times.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 19 of 225

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:

Perfect @Glory1  you are a star. 

Would not like cleo to be on her own.

Good luck glory I'll be rooting for you all.

Thank you @TallTrees it will certainly be interesting and fun. I know who'll outshine me though with Beatle's knowledge. I'll just do the best I can and hope to not make a complete udiot of myself. Bearing in mind I was, and still am, a Beatles fan. And I was actually around in the 60s joy

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 20 of 225