Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa becoming more human...

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I was just reading some techy news and came across some news about Amazon Alexa and how they have been developing it (or her?).

They intend her to sound more like a human, and have already added speaking skills like ability to whisper, take a breath to pause for emphasis, adjust rate, pitch and volume of speech. She can respond to questions about herself, tell jokes, answer to "I love you" (do you know how she will answer that though? lol) and can sing songs if you ask her to.

"These new tools were provided to Alexa app developers in the form of a standardized markup language called Speech Synthesis Markup Language, or SSML, which will let them code Alexa’s speech patterns into their applications. This will allow for the creation of voice apps – “Skills” on the Alexa platform – where developers can control the pronunciation, intonation, timing and emotion of their Skill’s text responses."

This is the article I was reading. slight_smile

What do you think of this technology? Do you think it's going to evolve even more into something human-like? open_mouth

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff & @Marjo ... you've made me laugh ... laughing

Edited to say I talk to Marty Cat Tongue ... nice to know I'm not alone in talking to a cat(s) ... LOL

Nope! I talk to mine too all the time. I even ask "how was your day today?" when I get home from work.

Message 11 of 11