Did you mean: 

Advanced Notice - White Room Quiz 5th Anniversary Mon 05 Aug 2024

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25665 Posts
  • 863 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

MiAmigo_0-1722063612762.png

There are two White Room Quizzes each week - one on Monday and one on Wednesday.

Week beginning Mon 05 August 2024, we can celebrate the White Room Quiz 5th Anniversay !!!

To mark this landmark in the history of White Room Quiz, there will be two special quizzes that week.

Mon 05 August 2024 - WRQ 5th Anniversary Quiz of 8 "five"/"fifth" - related questions, with one question

on each of eight categories [I won`t spoil the surprise by saying which categories].

Wed 07 August 2024 - WRQ "Mastermind Challenge".

In the past, White Room Quizzers have, on occasions, done better than some of

Britain`s best TV quiz champions [see - Brief History of WRQ in next post, below]

This new WRQ will be 8 questions from Mastermind Champion of Champions -

with 4 questions faced by two Mastermind Champions of Champion, but both

failed to answer two of the questions.

Can any WRQ Quizzers beat the former Mastermind Champions of Champions ?

I hope our regular quizzers

@Cleoriff @pgn @jonsie @gmarkj @MI5 @TallTrees @BobM @Oxonian @J9el @Spenny 

O2 Community Managers - past and present inc -

@Marjo @EmilieT @Martin-O2 @LukasB @TheresaV @RafaC @Breanna @Dave-O2 

[ if any CM or O2 admin or member of the Community know how to contact former CMs could you please let them know these quizzes are taking place and ask them to join in as they did for WRQ 4th anniversary ? ]

and any member, who has taken part in the past or has never taken part, and any new members will join in with this special edition of the White Room Quiz.

It has been, and is, an honour and a privilege to run the White Room Quiz. I never expected the White Room Quiz to reach its 5th Anniversary.

Over the five years, countless numbers of members of the O2 Community have taken part; quizzers have tackled almost 4000 questions; and each WRQ has, and continues to, attract over 100 views.

To each and every one of you who has taken part in a WRQ quiz, my grateful thanks. It is your quiz, and as long as you want it, it will continue...

@Mi-Amigo 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Mi-Amigo
  • 25665 Posts
  • 863 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

BRIEF HISTORY OF THE WHITE ROOM QUIZ

The White Room Quiz was "born" on 01 August 2019 when it was known as the White Room Thursday Quiz.

The name "The White Room [Thursday] Quiz" was chosen as an alternative to the infamous Black Chair of BBC TV`s Mastermind, which was daunting, whilst the White Room Quiz is intended as fun and an escape from the everyday pressures.

The White Room Quiz underwent various changes during its first twelve months - most notable the introduction of those taking part pming their answers being to me - Mi-Amigo as the questionmaster.

White Room Quizzers have, on occasions, done better than some of Britain`s best TV quiz champions

- some correctly answered a question which Paul Sinha, ranked No 17 in the World Quiz Championship, got wrong on ITV`s The Chase;

-some correctly answered a question which one of the country`s top quiz teams got wrong on Ch 4`s The Hardest Question;

- some correctly answered a question which Kevin, Mastermind Champion and Egghead got wrong on BBC TV`s Eggheads;

plus, some correctly answered the question which Judith Keppell correctly answered to become the first person to win £1million on ITV`s Who Wants To Be A Miilionaire.

This celebration of the White Room Quiz cannot go without a special mention of @Cleoriff who twice stepped in as WRQ Quizmaster, so I could take part. I should add I didn`t do that well with my answers 

MiAmigo_0-1722065217466.png

And thanks to @Breanna who gave a wonderful review of White Room Quiz [for 4th Anniversary] which you can read here 

Thank you everyone, past and present quizzers, who have taken part with WRQ.

It is your quiz, I`m just the QuizMaster, and as long as people want it, the White Room Quiz will continue.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126338 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7556 Solutions

5 years @Mi-Amigo awesome and so much fun. Well done to you and your dedication in sorting out the questions for these quizzes. Breaks up the week, keeps the brain active and is a lot of fun.

You seem to have forgotten two important issues.

1) Occasionally you have run a quiz of 12 questions, top prize a diamond thinker.

2) On two occasions I ran the quiz to allow you to take part. One question of  mine which I remember was about the fastest animal in the world. I deliberately made it long and slipped in 'with 2 legs' knowing that some people wouldn't read (2 legs). About 50% didn't and Marjo answered CHEETAH. We had a lot of fun with that one. Then there was my question about the building with the most toilets in the world?

So I enjoyed the 2 occasions I stood in for you, but hated doing the individual scoring and thinkers.

No doubt your WRQ has bought a lot of fun and knowledge to the forum. 😍

NB That will teach me to read reverything properly. You DID mention me running the quiz twice DUH ME!! 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38741 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1740 Solutions

The fives WRQ should prove interesting ... Not quite so sure about the Mastermind one coming later in the week though 😱

Great feature, @Mi-Amigo - thank you!

Message 4 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94335 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

Five years,where does the time go?

Thank you and well done @Mi-Amigo 

Can't say I'm looking forward to brain fog with the way I'm feeling at the moment

Message 5 of 9

Oxonian
Level 35: Originator
  • 9636 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

I was unaware @Mi-Amigo of the history of the WRQ ; it is actually quite humbling. 

Although I have never achieved the maximum score, I nevertheless really enjoy taking part. I hope that you, I and all of the regular participants are still here for many years to come. 😁   

Message 6 of 9

Mi-Amigo
  • 25665 Posts
  • 863 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff @pgn @jonsie @Oxonian for your kind comments.

I admit that I enjoy searching or coming up with questions for WRQ, which helps keep my brain active; but what always amazes me is when I find a question which is rated "difficult" [or which I think is "hard"] which most people get right, but a question which I think is "easier" few quizzers get right; which only goes to show, as was once said in the early days of WRQ "the questions are only easy if you know the answers" 😂

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 7 of 9

TallTrees
Level 50: Versatile
  • 11252 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 374 Solutions

Thank you for your quizzes @Mi-Amigo 

5 years is amazing surprised 😯 

Best wishes 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 8 of 9

Mi-Amigo
  • 25665 Posts
  • 863 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @TallTrees 

I hope you will enjoy the forthcoming WRQs

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 9 of 9