‌🌞 A month full of Summer on the O2 Community ‌🌞

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hi everyone 😎

Community Summer 2022 .gif

Last year's summer event on the community was warmly welcomed so we thought that the especially hot weather that's been upon us for the past few weeks should be also celebrated again this year.

And is there a better way to celebrate summer than sharing some happy moments, tips and games?

Here's a list of the planned activities for us to enjoy throughout the month of August here on the Community 🙌

(I will be linking each topic to this board as they get posted 😉)

Mon 01/08/2022 Songs that make you think of summer by @Mi-Amigo 
Tue 02/08/2022 Summer movies topic by @Martin-O2 
Wed 03/08/2022 White Room Quiz - 3rd Anniversary by @Mi-Amigo
SUMMER NATURE THOUGHT : God talks to St. Francis by @TallTrees
Thu 04/08/2022 Travel Tips by @Pipstop78 
Fri 05/08/2022 British Beaches Word Scramble by @RafaC 
Mon 08/08/2022

8 Summer Riddles on the 8/8 at 8:08pm by @Comben 

Tue 09/08/2022

Summer Flower Quiz by @Breanna 

Wed 10/08/2022 Find the lyric - Summer Edition ☀️☀️ by @J9el 
Thu 11/08/2022 Summer heatwave tips and tricks by @Martin-O2 
Fri 12/08/2022 Surprise - Best Summer Song by @Mi-Amigo 
Mon 15/08/2022 The Beach by @RunrigForever 
Wed 17/08/2022 August Summer Gardening: Fruits of the Forest by @TallTrees 
Thu 18/08/2022 Summer Camp Stories by @Breanna 
Sun 21/08/2022 August Summer Gardening: Summer Leaf Quiz by @TallTrees 
Wed 24/08/2022 O2 Community Summer 2022 Playlist by @RafaC 
Thu 25/08/2022 An Archeological Sunny Italian Holiday by @RafaC 
Tue 30/08/2022 Summer Reflection by @Breanna 
Wed 31/08/2022 White Room Quiz - Summer Quiz by @Mi-Amigo 

If you like what you see, please come and join us for some fun! Also, if you want to include some activity on the calendar, feel free to message me, @Breanna and/or @Martin-O2 so that we can include it in here for you (there's an extensive list of suggestions here). Furthermore we are here to help you to come up with any content as well, and if you need any assistance with the topic you've already added to the calendar, drop us a PM 💌

Hope we can all enjoy together the positiveness that the nice weather can bring 🌻

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

Comben
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 428 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks Rafa, I’ll be sure to check it out although word games aren’t usually my things so I might just be an observer. 👌🏻 

"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious"
Albert Einstein
Message 21 of 44

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25665 Posts
  • 863 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @RafaC for the notification about the Word Scramble game today - Friday.

I`ll do my best to try and join in but have carers coming to do domestics and shopping call on Friday morn so mght well miss out for part or most of the game, which I won`t be happy about as I love Word Unscramble, but wish everyone who takes part Good Luck.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 22 of 44

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hope you can make it @Mi-Amigo

Message 23 of 44

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
Message 24 of 44

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey everyone, just a quick reminder that we have the Summer 8 riddles at 8:00pm later today thanks to @Comben 😎

Message 25 of 44

Comben
  • 428 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks RafaC, the event went live under this link.

The game happened far quicker than expected so it's unfortunately over already but I think those that managed to participate enjoyed it. Thank you to all those that played and also to the people who helped me prepare for my first ever community event, I had so much fun and hope you did too. 😃

Albert Einstein
Message 26 of 44

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126338 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7556 Solutions

@Comben 
It was a really good game, despite the fact that I was a bit useless 😂

I'm the sort of person who always goes for the easy crossword and never the cryptic 🤔

Pleased to have got some right, even though my answers came after everyone else had posted.🤣

Well done on your first game, it was very well organised and fun.x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 44

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Thanks for the heads up @Comben and I'm glad to hear that you and the members who have partaken in it had fun! I've just read through it and it was an instant hit! Congratulations in running a very successful game for the first time on the community and thanks for including it in our summer event 😊

Message 28 of 44

Comben
  • 428 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you Cleoriff and Rafa for the kind comments. It makes all the planning worth it when people play along and enjoy the summer themed riddles of my first community event. ☀️

Cleoriff - You were very good last night for someone that doesn't usually like that sort of thing, I personally don't go near crosswords at all so you are better than me if you can even do the easy ones. I may like cryptic clues but throw on some general knowledge and it's a step to far for me. Cheers for joining in and again very well done for your answers. 📝

RafaC - Thank you for guiding me into this one, your help and persuasion were the reason this event happened and I'm so happy you think it was an instant hit. Maybe next time I'll try to pick a more sensible time so more members can play along. 🤓

Albert Einstein
Message 29 of 44

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Comben thanks for your kind words 😊
You've made a great effort to come up with a rather interesting and fun game and we appreciate you including it in our event. It's a pleasure to help out a little bit but I want to stress out that it's mostly you guys who make an event like this flourish, so I just wanted to thank you as well.
Sorry I've missed it, but I think that, looking at how successful it was, you haven't picked an unreasonable time for it at all 🙃

Message 30 of 44