cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 Things I Love about SUMMER!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely nothing, it's just as tiresome as the other three seasons, if not more so. 

So not 10 things I love...  it's now 10 things I absolutely detest about it.

1. Flies, Wasps & other stupid things that come in to your airspace, to annoy or just for a pointless chomp on you. Irritating as *bleep*!

2. Then there are those people who are really scared of flies, wasps & other stupid things who start flapping & it making worse for the rest of us. Also irritating as *bleep*!

3. Half naked people. Yeah it gets a little hotter this time of year, but do i really need to see your cellulite? Whether it's women bursting out of hot pants or men with it all hanging out, ugh give it a rest you irritating *bleep* we don't need it!

4. Ice Cream Van. It used to be a joy to see that senile old guy driving at 10 mph round the estate touting for business. These days he does a drive by at 40mph (if you're lucky) & unless you stand directly in his path he's off again. I'm sure he just drives round our way just to *bleep* me off.. yeah it works.. he's irritating as *bleep* too.

5. The School holidays. Ugh, don't get me started. As if it isn't bad enough that the little *bleep* walk past mine making noise at stupid o'clock in the morning, now I have to put up with it all *bleep*ing day. If the little *bleep* aren't dropping litter & shouting all the time, they're riding motorbikes up & down the street, over the gardens & on the wasteground behind us. And it's not like they haven't had a year off already. Irritating as *bleep*.

Do you know what... My blood is boiling typing this *bleep*.. If I sit here & think any more i'm going to explode. So i'll let you decide the rest.

I didn't realise how much I hate about summer till @TheresaV made me think of it, so thanks for that. 

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

We noticed this when our daughter started school.

Previously we would go either the second week of September or near the end of June and would pay around £400 for a week in a caravan.

Once she had started the price was more like £600 for a week!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 31 of 33

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

We dropped in lucky with that @gmarkj. For some strange reason Nuneaton and Bedworth tended to break up a week before the rest of the schools, so taking our grandson Ben to our apartment for 13 years was quite inexpensive travelling by plane on the outward journey. His Mum worked at his school so there was no chance we could take him out a week early. 🙄

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 33

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Yeah we have started to have our main holiday in the May half term (which is end of May so normally ok with weather) and a long weekend in the summer holidays to try and miss some of the additional cost @Cleoriff.

We have also started to look at private lets, and got a bargain for next year - cottage in Wales, with private heated outdoor pool for about £450!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 33 of 33