Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 commuity

Pipstop78
Level 11: Motivator
  • 648 Posts
  • 253 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi can someone tell me how long this 02 community has been running I think the people in this group who run it are amazing put up with a lot from angry customers I no we are all customers but some times I read through the post and im like thinking whoo you no we are all customers here and feel that some think they can treat this group like dirt 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38741 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1740 Solutions

Well, I registered on the Forum in 2012, so at least 10 years @Pipstop78 - some posts go back to 2008 in some topics. It used to be easy to find the earliest post, once long ago, but not quite so easy now it has been upgraded a few times.

Message 2 of 7

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3333 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Since early 2008. I believe I first registered around June of 2008. Contrary to my registration details showing 2010, I was rudely deleted by the legendary Mod14 over mentioning the website "Crackberry.com". Well lets just say Mod14 is a legend for all the wrong reasons and the butt of my annual in-joke 😎

Anyway, using the Wayback Machine, first sighting of the forum was on 12 June 2008 though it may have been up and running a touch earlier. More here if you want a nostalgia trip: https://web.archive.org/web/20080101000000*/o2.co.uk

Reminds me, will need to look at the early iPhone threads there for a laugh for the signs of that time  🤣🤣 Compared to then, today's forum is rather well run and quite civilised. 

Message 3 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94337 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

Those early iphone threads were really a lot of fun!

I joined around the same time as your good self and we all fell foul of Mod 14 for stating the bleedin' obvious to the iphone customer waiting weeks for their new toy. Pretty much the same story every September, even now!

BUT...no one else was cast out and lost 3000 and odd posts

I remember being suspended for a month...

Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126341 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7556 Solutions

@jonsie  @sheepdog , I've heard the story about Mod 14 and it amazes me that they had so much power?!!

A Mod with the ability to 'banish' members!? Didn't the forum have managers back then?

I joined In January 2013 @Pipstop78

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

Pipstop78
Level 11: Motivator
  • 648 Posts
  • 253 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Wow it's been going for a long time then 

Message 6 of 7

RunrigForever
  • 2907 Posts
  • 38 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello @Pipstop78 

I joined just shy of my 60th Birthday ..... just by browsing the web ..... At first I asked a lot of technical questions being a 'newbie' and unused to tech ... = ... still am - I kinda jinx things for myself ... though personally *winks* I think there is a 'Ghost in the Machine' = my laptop ..... Previous username was WispaRed7. I left the community for personal / family reasons ..... for a while ..... so you won't see any posts of mine.

The people of this Community unstintingly give the benefit of their experience / opinion ..... long may they continue to do so. xx slight_smile

***DESORMAIS***
Message 7 of 7