Did you mean: 

Tom Jones!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

I'm sure that Tom Jones needs no further introduction! The Welsh singer has a string of hits spanning 6 decades and he's showing no signs of slowing down. Known for the classic hits What's New Pussycat?, It's Not Unusual and many more his shows are not one to miss! 

Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 11.54.27.png

Tom Jones will be performing across three venues and dates in July 2019 and you can grab tickets from Wednesday 23rd of January on the Priority tickets website!

Dates and locations: 

Saturday 13th July - Bristol, The Bright Side Ground 

Saturday 21st July - Colchester, Colchester Castle 

Saturday 27th July - Dundee, Slessor Gardens

Let us know your favourite Tom Jones hits and your plans for attending his gigs this year! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Brilliant singer and a lovely man.

It's so hard to pick a favourite but this one comes high on my list...

That was 12 years ago and at age 78, he can still sing it just the same now heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 19

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I've been a fan since his first hit, It's Not Unusual. Got quite a shock when I first saw him as I, and my friends, thought he was black lol.

My favourite tracks are The Green Green Grass of Home and Delilah.

Wish I could go to one of his gigs. But I was lucky enough to see him live twice when he was still doing his TV shows as I got tickets to the tapings, once through my mum's friend and direct through the then President of his fan club. She became a close friend of mine from her friendship with my mum's friend. Got great seats both times thanks to her.

The first taping I shared with my late mum and her friend, who were over from the States just months after I arrived here myself. It was the last show of the season and his guest was another legend Sammy Davis Junior. The taping went on forever because both Sammy and Tom were drinking, heavily. Tom kept fluffing his lines but Sammy never missed a word. We just made the last train back to London by seconds. Those were the days joy

The man doesn't slow down and still has the great voice he wowed everyone with back in the 60s. He is a legend.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 19

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

I've never been a big fan, I can listen and enjoy if he's on the radio or tv but I can honestly say I have never bought or downloaded anything by him. Having said that, I did see him at the O2 a number of years ago and enjoyed his show but he's not my usual listening choice. 

Message 4 of 19

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10760 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I've never been a big fan, I can listen and enjoy if he's on the radio or tv but I can honestly say I have never bought or downloaded anything by him. Having said that, I did see him at the O2 a number of years ago and enjoyed his show but he's not my usual listening choice. 

Nor mine ~ ok for the odd radio DJ play. Can only say well done Tom made your money son,  better than working in the mines, time to relax?

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 5 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Oh I wouldn't want him to relax at all.

Since his wife died, as he said himself, he needs to keep active as it helps him. Currently a judge on the Voice and as old as he is, I love listening to his impromptu singing.

I can only sit and marvel at the fact he can belt out a song without any preparation at all.

He puts the other judges to shame really..wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 19

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10760 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

You shall have your wish @Cleoriff

he won't slow down. I think his son is keeping him going, if I read correctly, why? He should tell him to relax put his feet up, go fishing or something.  OK I hear you cleo don't get mad!yahoo

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 7 of 19

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:

he won't slow down. I think his son is keeping him going, if I read correctly, why? He should tell him to relax put his feet up, go fishing or something.  OK I hear you cleo don't get mad!yahoo

The thing is @TallTrees if work keeps Tom Jones going, and he looks good on it, why should he stop doing what he clearly loves.

If you really enjoy what you do and are good at it, why retire. Obviously it depends on the job, physical work like construction can't be done in your 70s.

I hope Sir Tom keeps going until he's too old and feeble to reach a mic. Until then, long may he continue.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 8 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:

No of course I won't @TallTrees. It would be pretty dull if we all had the same taste in music. joy

I've only ever seen his live shows on TV, never been to see him in concert.

I just think he has a great voice and he can still fill stadiums. That says a lot really wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 19

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

I definitely don't blame him for doing the things he obviously loves. People in show business normally carry on until they are dragged off the earth. They thrive on it and get well paid but if you are in Sir Tom's position I reckon he would do it all or nothing.

Message 10 of 19