Did you mean: 

O2 teams and Fan Fair Alliance to tackle secondary ticketing abuse

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

Ticket touting has become an increasingly frustrating part of going to see live music and events over recent years and the 74% of the UK population think online ticket touting is becoming a major concern for music fans. 

To solve this increasing problem O2 has teamed up with the Fan Fair Alliance to put customers, gig goers and music lovers first in the ticket resale market. To do this O2 will be introducing a series of measures to Priority Tickets in order to minimise abuse of the system. 

• Updating Priority Tickets terms and conditions to reflect recent changes to the Consumer Rights Act, ensuring tickets are for individuals and not businesses
  • Working with our venue partners to monitor all pre-sale purchases
  • A regular cleanse of the Priority Ticket database to remove individuals who no longer meet the minimum criteria and/or abuse the service
  • Providing FFA advice to O2 customers in order to help them make informed ticket purchasing decision

You can check out the full details over on The Blue and please let us know what you think of the new measures to clamp down on ticket touting below! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Smashing idea that only requires some work from the company(ies) involved...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 11 of 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Yes it is an excellent idea @viridis. Here's hoping this is fed back to the Priority team and others involved.

It would prove they are only interested in the benefits being available to true O2/Priority members.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 13

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@jonsie I'm sure it's going to be difficult to stamp out expensive resales completely but hopefully these new measures will help to reduce to the amount.

@viridis I really like your idea! I'll pass it on to the Priority team. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 13 of 13