cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Split Port" Nightmare - how does this get fixed?

nadineat92
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

From reading on here, I obviously am having issues with what seems to be called a "split port"

I changed to O2 from EE last week, and the number switch was supposed to happen on the 9th of June. I never lost signal on my EE sim card, so assumed it hadn't worked and contacted customer service who said the port had been completed.

When I checked my new O2 sim card the number had changed but has also still remained active on my EE sim card. Half of my messages are coming through on one sim card and half on the other, and I'm not able to receive calls from anyone not on O2 on my new sim card so now I'm having to keep switching between the two SIM cards. 

The problem is I'm having a nightmare getting it fixed - multiple calls to customer service whereby I'm either told everything looks fine, or the issue will be passed on wait 24 hours (24 hours passes, nothing, I call again, "wait 24 hours" 

I'm now currently stuck having to pay two phone bills - I'm paying O2 for a service I'm not even receiving as I can't receive any calls or texts on the O2 sim from people on other networks. I'm extremely anxious not being able to receive calls properly as I have people who need to be able to contact me in an emergency and the whole situation is stressing me out no end.

I was just wondering if anyone who is having or has had the same issue could let me know if they eventually managed to get it fixed and how? because I'm wondering whether to just cancel the contract but I desperately don't want to lose my number. Is it worth me contacting EE, or not really as its not really their problem?

I sent a private message to an O2 representative on this board who has advised they will look into it for me, so I'm hoping that will help, but that was yesterday and no update so far so not sure if they've had any luck.

Desperate for advice please 

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nadineat92
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Update:

This issue has finally been resolved! - it’s a shame that it was such a frustrating experience, it took a lot of persistence, patience and phone calls but it seems after having it chased up by an advisor on here I finally got somewhere. I’m grateful for that and extremely relieved to have not lost my number but it shouldn’t have been so difficult, considering it seems to be a common issue at the moment, many of the CS advisors I spoke to couldn’t understand the issue I was trying to describe. Maybe there needs to be a wider awareness about this problem. 

Anyway, to anyone else experiencing this problem, the positive is that it CAN be fixed if you get the right person on the case! 

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144416 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@nadineat92 

Our advisors work shifts on here so whoever you messaged yesterday, might not be working today.

@O2Ryan is currently on duty.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

O2Ryan
Former Staff
  • 146 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the tag, ill send a private message over now.

signature
Message 3 of 14

nadineat92
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Message 4 of 14

nadineat92
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Update for anyone experiencing the same issue.

I still haven’t received a call from the porting or technical team as I was promised by multiple customer service advisors, on day 4 of calling every day now.

However I am very grateful that one of the O2 advisors on this board has looked into this for me, so I have at least recieved an update on the issue, as I couldn’t get anywhere through any other channels - huge thank you to @O2Sarah- .

I am now advised that EE have been contacted to send over missing port files, and that I will need to wait 5 working days for the issue to be resolved. If it takes that long, that will be over two weeks since joining O2 that I have been unable to receive calls and texts so I really hope that O2 will be offering compensation as I won’t be happy to pay a full bill for a service I haven’t received, especially as I am still having to pay EE as well due to the service not being transferred over correctly.

Will update when and if the issue is fixed, desperately hoping that it is solved soon as it’s been an absolutely nightmare and I really really regret changing my phone contract at the moment! 

Message 5 of 14

Katkins26
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This sounds like exactly the same issue I'm having but a port from Three, and I have the same feeling towards O2! Wish I never joined! it's been 2.5 weeks now with no calls or texts. 

Just don't know what to do 

Message 6 of 14

nadineat92
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Update:

This issue has finally been resolved! - it’s a shame that it was such a frustrating experience, it took a lot of persistence, patience and phone calls but it seems after having it chased up by an advisor on here I finally got somewhere. I’m grateful for that and extremely relieved to have not lost my number but it shouldn’t have been so difficult, considering it seems to be a common issue at the moment, many of the CS advisors I spoke to couldn’t understand the issue I was trying to describe. Maybe there needs to be a wider awareness about this problem. 

Anyway, to anyone else experiencing this problem, the positive is that it CAN be fixed if you get the right person on the case! 

Message 7 of 14

BacktoEE
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - do you know who it was that sorted this for you? I think I am having the same / similar issue - ported over from EE, but not receiving any text messages. I’m wondering if they’re still going to my old EE sim. So so annoying and the call handlers all just say oh the port takes 24 hours to complete, just be patient etc. it’s 48 hours now and no joy!

Message 8 of 14

Albertbigndaft
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve had the same problem. The port seemed to have completed but the old sim is still active. RWGmobile is the previous provider. They run via Now./EE so perhaps that complicates things. Anyway. It’s been a month and the old sim still receives texts and I can make calls on it. Most calls and texts go to the o2 sim but I can’t dispose of the old one in case I need to receive one time passwords (from the bank for instance). 
complaints have the details and have promised attention from tech within 48 hours (twice now) and also offered £30 credit for inconvenience into next months bill. All I want is for the port be completed. 

Message 9 of 14

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

As you have tried customer services several times, we can ask the community advisors to take a look @Albertbigndaft 

Can you get in touch and see if you can fix this please @O2Sarah- or @O2KyleW ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 14