Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM transfer/installation

Kahn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I have recently purchased a pay monthly eSIM and made a request to switch my old number to my new o2 pay monthly.

My old number was also an eSIM on the EE network. The number was transferred today, so I can see that my old number has been transferred and is showing on my o2 account in my o2. However my network is still showing up as EE so far, I appreciate I may be jumping the gun a little bit in case there are some additional steps I need to take to set up my eSIM and 5G with o2 I thought I would enquire and find out. Is there anything else I need to do to complete the installation of my new o2 eSIM? Or is it sufficient for me to just switch my old number to the new one? Will that automatically update my current eSIM?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10220 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@Kahn 

You need to delete the EE eSim and install the o2 eSim onto the phone. 

It also sounds like the port has not completed yet, and usually takes till 6pm on the porting day, but can take 24hours.  Hence the EE sim is still active. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10220 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@Kahn 

You need to delete the EE eSim and install the o2 eSim onto the phone. 

It also sounds like the port has not completed yet, and usually takes till 6pm on the porting day, but can take 24hours.  Hence the EE sim is still active. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 7

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6646 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

Have you installed your new Esim and selected it in your SIM manager.

If so, try rebooting your phone

@Kahn wrote:

Hi, I have recently purchased a pay monthly eSIM and made a request to switch my old number to my new o2 pay monthly.

My old number was also an eSIM on the EE network. The number was transferred today, so I can see that my old number has been transferred and is showing on my o2 account in my o2. However my network is still showing up as EE so far, I appreciate I may be jumping the gun a little bit in case there are some additional steps I need to take to set up my eSIM and 5G with o2 I thought I would enquire and find out. Is there anything else I need to do to complete the installation of my new o2 eSIM? Or is it sufficient for me to just switch my old number to the new one? Will that automatically update my current eSIM?

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 7

Kahn
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This makes sense thank you. 

Do you think it would be best to wait till my current number is disconnected before deleting and installing the o2 eSIM? I have received a message confirming that my number has been ported, it shows up as my number now in my o2. As you mentioned though the port doesn’t seem to be complete despite that message since my EE line is still active. 

Then second question I have is regarding 5G activation I read somewhere that there is a separate step to activate 5G is this correct? If so can you advise on what those steps are? 

Message 4 of 7

Kahn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I haven’t installed the new eSIM yet, I wasn’t sure if the port would update my current eSIM or if installing the new eSIM would overwrite my current eSIM.

From what I’ve been told it sounds like I will need to delete my current eSIM and install the new one anyway so perhaps I should go ahead and install the new eSIM profile. Do you think it would be better to wait till the port is complete or to just go ahead and install the eSIM profile now?

Message 5 of 7

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5853 Posts
  • 100 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Kahn 

You have tagged your messages onto an old thread which is already marked as having an accepted solution, which is probably why you haven't had a response. 

I know little about eSIMs but hopefully @MI5@jonsie or someone else who has appropriate knowledge will help you. 

Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144571 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27727 Solutions

Go ahead and install the esim @Kahn 

Your number will be replaced when the port takes place.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7