Did you mean: 

Unable to log in after change from pay monthly to PAYG

Lewyg
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

recently switched from pay monthly to pay as you go, unable to get into my o2 with the message ‘Account not ready, try in 48hrs, or contact us, etc’

Spent close to 2 hrs on the phone to customer services, the first 55 min call was 53 mins of silence whilst the advisor told me they were ‘obtaining line manager activation’ and then just cut my call off. 

The 2nd call -  nobody could help, just told me to reset my password and said they didn’t know what to do, told me they would escalate to the technical team and call me back in 20 mins but nothing…

The 3rd call - told me they were locating my details and after 7 mins of silence my call just cut off.

sorry for the whiny post, but it’s been a pretty poor experience for something that I thought would be quite simple, so if anyone has got any suggestions on what I need to do to sort this little issue it’d be much appreciated 🙂 don’t think I’ve got the time or energy to phone the call centre back up again! 

oh and just to add, I’ve been trying to access via the web version and I just get an error message after logging in and trying to access my personal details, so this solution does not work for me either. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37281 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

The call centre is not your only option, @Lewyg - drop the O2 Social Media Team a note in Twitter, FB or Instagram, see the link just below this post. 

It could be that your account needs to be reset by O2 after the move to PAYG, as certain aspects of O2's service are denied to their PAYG customers. Also you may be stuck in limbo as your account is moved to the new 360 backend system too: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/O2-System-Updates-360/m-p/1598402/highlight/true#M39424

Good luck!

Message 2 of 4

Lewyg
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks so much for your reply @pgn thats provided more insight than anyone I’ve spoken to! 

Spent another 45 mins on the phone today with no joy, decided to move over to another provider instead. Not expecting to be a priority with O2 with my £20 a month top up, so it’s fair enough, but honestly I just thought this would’ve been something easy to solve. A shame to be leaving after 15 years. 

Appreciate your response however 🙂 

Message 3 of 4

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37281 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

You're welcome - so long as the other provider gives you the cover you need, where you need it, and at an appreciable quality and cost, then that makes the most sense, @Lewyg.

Like many who just live for the now, the moment - O2 cares not a jot how long someone has been with them anyhow. Good luck!

Message 4 of 4