Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order

Slg1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just had a text saying my order's gone through but I haven't ordered anything. When I look at the order it just says VAS change £36.97 a month. Am I a victim of fraud?

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

WASTEDTIME
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

YEP add another one to the list. Communication is not O2 strong point obviously 

Message 11 of 50

lindsay3180
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm exactly the same and can't get through on the chat or by telephone.  I suspects lots of customers received this message and are now trying to get through to them.  Bit worrying to get a message at 0130 saying thank you for your order and then another saying order completed!

Message 12 of 50

lindsay3180
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Totally agree

Message 13 of 50

Martin59
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have received both messages myself also. Impossible to get through to O2 to check out what its means. Their on hold music is also obviously chosen to encourage callers to hang up! Pretty sure its just something they're playing at internally, but would like an explanation to put my mind at rest!

Message 14 of 50

Quicck
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Exactly the same problem as everyone else and not being able to contact them at all.

Message 15 of 50

Wills
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Me too - at 0632 this morning. Got a subsequent text 2 hours later saying "Just confirming we've now added your Overage Allowance Charges for Call, SMS, MMS, International Text, Voicemail".

I didn't request this and have no idea what "Overage Allowance Charges" means......

I too thought this must be a scam.

Message 16 of 50

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

O2 has let us know that these order messages were due to an error and that the notifications have now stopped. They're investigating why it happened but no need to worry.

There was also another notification that went out regarding a billing change/correction (this is the overage allowance charges). That is a legitimate message and the change can be viewed in My O2 for those that received that notification.

Message 17 of 50

Tendogs
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I, have also had texts telling me that my orders have been received, followed by texts telling me my orders are on their way and saying the direct debit has been set-up.

Message 18 of 50

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93940 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

@Tendogs wrote:

I, have also had texts telling me that my orders have been received, followed by texts telling me my orders are on their way and saying the direct debit has been set-up.

You need to check My O2

Sounds like ID theft....

Message 19 of 50

Rambo11
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, 

I have just reviewed the same order confirmations via text and when checking ‘my O2’ orders, it says “Vas,Change completed”!!!!

I haven’t ordered anything or spoken with O2. 

what is this?

please respond asap so I know this isn’t fraud. 

thansk 

Message 20 of 50