Did you mean: 

Moving from PayG to Pay Monthly online form -- nothing happens

foobar
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

Wanting to move a PayG number to Pay Monthly.
I went ahead and got a new Pay Monthly SIM

and I got a PAC for the PayG number.

Looking at https://www.o2.co.uk/switch it links to a form that is meant for this.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number/online-form

The form asks for the number you want to keep (the PayG number),

the number you want to replace (the new Pay Monthly number)

and the PAC code. An email address and a contact number. No problem.

It says the switch will happen in a  business day.

But I have filled in the form twice already over more than a week and nothing has happened.

No SMS to the contact number,

no email,

no call back.

I tried customer services and lost my patience after 75 minutes of "bear with me, I'm looking into it"...

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6610 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

You don't need a PAC to move from O2 PAYG to O2 Contract. 

It's called migration in this case

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 4

foobar
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for that, one has to wonder how one is supposed to find this info when the other guide I linked comes up in all the searches.

I did try calling 202 and as I said I ran out of patience after listening to music for about 70 of the 75 minutes, just as they were asking me for the SIM card number. Which in fact I cannot get as it's not printed on the back (This SIM used to be larger and I cut it down to nano size.)

What happens if you can't get the SIM number?

Message 3 of 4

foobar
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just to close off this topic. I called customer service shortly after 8am. When I said to the IVR "migration from PAYG to Pay Monthly" it said "A porting query. I'll put you through to someone who can help". I got put through to an advisor straight away.

They knew exactly what I was asking for and what to do. (Incidentally, they did ask for the PAC). They put me on hold for 3 minutes and by the time they'd come back to tell me they put in the order, I'd already got the SMS confirmation. The number migration was completed the next business day.

This is how customer services should work!

But this is in stark contrast to my previous experience, which I am very unhappy about: They put me on hold on and off for 75 minutes telling me "bear with me, I'm still checking this" while it gradually became clear that they had ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE what to do and were looking for the solution there and then.

I understand that an advisor may not know what to do straight away. But in that case I expect them to say so and put me through to someone who does!!! Not to search the intranet for 75 minutes all the time insisting that they absolutely know what they are doing!

Message 4 of 4