Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full device memory

Brickburner
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello. The o2 chat seems to be out of action at the moment, can anyone answer my question. My Samsung Smart phone tells me the my 'device memory is almost full'....'clear cached data for all apps'. I only use whatsapp but its my partner's old phone so it may have lots on it. Is it safe to clear my cached data does anyone know? Thanks and stay safe. Andrew

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Brickburner 

It's perfectly safe to clear the cache but you may be better off moving any photos and videos to an SD card to get more storage space.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Brickburner You can back up photos and files to your Google Drive. Google gives you 15GB of space for free. You can then delete from your phone to give you more space.

https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6193313?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 18

Brickburner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks. I have an SD card in already so I assumed any images would already be on it, is that right?
Message 4 of 18

Brickburner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Be advised not to use Google drive but thanks for the advice.
Message 5 of 18

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Brickburner wrote:
Thanks. I have an SD card in already so I assumed any images would already be on it, is that right?

@Brickburner 

It depends if the default save location has been set to SD card or phone.

If already on SD card you're looking at deleting any apps you don't use anymore or upgrading to a phone with more memory capacity.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 18

Brickburner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks again. How do I know what my default save location is please?
Message 7 of 18

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Brickburner 

Easiest way to check is to remove SD card and see if you can still see the pictures in your phone gallery.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@Brickburner Who advised you not to use Google Drive and for what reason?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 18

Brickburner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks, Ill do that if I can spot which card it is as there are 2 in I think (one will be the Sim card I assume) but I expect it will be obvious when i get the back pen (hopefully). Cheers. I'm a bit of a beginner as you will have guessed by now. Our 02 Guru usually helps out but he's no longer in the area.
Message 10 of 18