Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 account hacked problem

andrew32
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

so my account was hacked nealy three months ago made any were between 30 or more calls to you guys to sort this matter out and are stuck paying two contracts wile i hold my hands up that it was my mistake that led to this ive done ever thing possible to resolve this had many fraud tickets opened and spoke to citizens advice and you guys have done nothing what i dont get is why you guys are doing me for two contracts yet you no i dont have the phone in question and have not bothered to track the phone in question next port of call is a small claims court and weather i get stuck with paying it or not after all the years ive been with you guys will take my business elsewhere as you guys seem to not want to sort my matter yet your ok in remembering how much i owe and to say that it was my fault you still cannot explain to me why these so called fraudsters are giving people the same one time codes as you official 02 people use

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11437 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

@andrew32 

So you admit to being liable to the fraud been committed against you due to your negligence... 

Unfortunately then you are liable for both contracts as Citizens Advice should have told you, but they are about as useful as a chocolate fireguard nowadays sorry today... 

So a few questions : did you report the fraud to Action Fraud? via https://actionfraud.police.uk ? 

Also be aware during an active fraud investigation o2 are not allowed to tell you anything about the case as that is against the law

What these fraudsters do is they get your phone number via publicly available means, call you up, and then when they want to get your personal data, they click on login  and then ask you for the code that is texted to you and which o2 tells you not to give over the code, but people do and then they have access to your full account , in such a way as to change and access your personal data. 

These OTP codes are not generated anywhere else but o2's side, and then they are sent to you, no one at o2 can see these codes, the only people that do are the recipient of the text.. 

I can see it been a waste of time to go down the small claims court as you have admitted liability, due to negligence. 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 2