cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to complain, still not had any reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
i'm in a dilema wether to stay with o2 any longer after 4years of being with them,
i recently had two very high bills compared to my usual, as a result of not being contacted and offered an upgrade over the phone, which has happened every year,

basically my phone bills doubled in size due to my bolt ons dissapearing and the end of the contract, which i was'nt advised of,

so while trying to sort out this mess, i've had no help at all from customer service, so wrote a nice email to complain about my whole experience,
despite checking the website and now this forum, i've sent three emails to different address's and not had a reply after nearly a week from any of them,

the address's being -
complaintsreviewservice@o2.com
complaints@o2mail.co.uk
mycare@o2.co.uk

any help appreciated as i'm totally losing faith in o2
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
i recently had two very high bills compared to my usual, as a result of not being contacted and offered an upgrade over the phone

Does someone tell you when you need to go to the toilet too.

Take some responsibility.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah fair enuff,
but normally you expect company's to offer to extend or renew your contracts

but thanks for the useless comment and being no help what so ever

main point is trying to email the right address,
but theres so many and not had a reply from one yet. :womanindifferent:
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
main point is trying to email the right address,
but theres so many and not had a reply from one yet.

To complain about a high bill that could have been prevented by you paying attention to your usage on your contract.

Not surprised people aren't responding with the sympathy only you seem to think you deserve.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
So what you're saying is in previous years O2 have contacted you when your contract time was up to advise and offer you same/something more, but this time they didn't? I can see where you're coming from if other can't, but I thought the customer had to contact O2 instead?

Plus, with O2 not contacting you, you hadn't realised you were then out of agreed contractual bolt ons which resulted in you being heavily charged? Again shame you didn't realise, but wouldn't have thought complaining would be an option, due to the fact that you should really be contacting them asking about upgrading etc?

I've emailed them plenty in the past and have received replies fine, but can I suggest phoning CS as it's free and explain to them your situation?
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I'm entirely sympathetic having a very similar thing happen to me.

I have been with O2 for 10 years plus. Each year I upgrade my phone and check I'm on a reasonable and change it as necessary. This I did in February this year. I was on the O2 50 & 25 plan with a 400 text message bolt on. This was working fine. My bills were around the £20 mark with a bit more if I made a lot of calls and exceeded my 50 minutes within the package.

September and October were quite a bit higher but I assumed this was down to being out of the country and the calls/texts not being included within package.

This month by bill was over £50! I checked my bill and realised that my 400 text bolt on appeared to have disappeared. (Like the original poster I don't have time to analyse in detail every month, I like to assume that I am getting what we agreed and what I have been paying for.

I phoned customer services this morning and was told "we don't do the bolt on anymore"!!!!

No-one bothered to tell me this, there was nothing explicit on the bill to state that this was being removed and basically they have said that its tough but did offer me the wonderful opportunity of paying another £5 per month and getting 100 texts.

I can't believe they can just take away part of your service mid way through contract and not bother telling you! As soon as my contract expires in Feb- I'm off!
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe Bananamal is being a little harsh, but I can understand that point of view.

Your contract is your responsibility. It is up to you to read all the terms and conditions of your contract and your bolt-ons.

As for O2 calling at the end of a minimum period to offer an upgrade I can understand why they may not do that any more. It's more cost effective for them to keep you on the same contract with the same phone, until you decide you want to upgrade or cancel the contract.

In 4½ years with O2 I've ceratainly never been contacted near the end of my minimum period.

Maybe I'm a little biased because I check my bill online every few days to make sure that there are no charges going on that I was unaware of, so I can deal with any problem swiftly.

I can understand that in the days when we just received a paper bill every month, you could get a nasty suprise, but when there's an online bill checking facility, it just takes a couple of minutes to log in and check recent charges every few days.

While I have some sympathy, as it's fine us saying you should keep an eye on your account, this is all in hindsight and doesn't help you now.

You never know, though, O2 CS may be able to help if you sweet-talk them. Worth a try. wink

SV
Message 7 of 7