cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 dont want me as a customer?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im having trouble becoming a O2 customer. I would like to join O2 on their Iphone 3G 8g £45/month tariff. I visited the o2 store in merry hill, Dudley earlier this week to get one.

But upon O2's credit check I have been declined, I've checked my equifax status and its perfectly fine and I'm registered correctly on the electrol roll. I contacted O2's credit people via phone and their email address and they both tell me that my credit check was fine but I have been declined due to business polices and they state:

O2 business policies are commercially sensitive information, therefore unfortunately we cannot go into details of these.
I am sorry but O2 have taken the decision to decline your application and at this point the decision cannot be overturned.

I'm confused... they are turning away good business for no reason. My credit rating is fine, I've have had a mobile phone for nearly 10 years, never missed a payment, and never been involved in anything unlawful.

Any ideas how I can sort this out?

Anton
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why don't you go for a Simplicity 30 day contract. Not dependant on passing a credit check and after 6 months you can have a contract without being credit checked provided you've kept up your payments. Simple!

You still have to pass the same credit checks as any other 02 pay monthly customer when joining a simplicity tariff, also you can upgrade to a handset tariff 3 months after starting your simplicity tariff.
Message 11 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why don't you go for a Simplicity 30 day contract. Not dependant on passing a credit check and after 6 months you can have a contract without being credit checked provided you've kept up your payments. Simple!

Thats very wrong. You are credit checked.

If you're a high risk customer then you will either be offered 6 months of sim only or to put down a bond.
Message 12 of 12