cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LEAVING O2....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey! leaving O2 at the end of my contract after 15 years I guess...wow! Ive been offered an awesome deal by Virgin Mobile...£23 Unlimited data...unlimited texts and 1200 mins of calls and free insurance.... and a new phone ofcourse.

However I have no experience with Virgin Mobile so if you have any experiences good or bad you wish to share please do....before I jump ship!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Put it this way: do you have good coverage with Virgin Mobile (or T-mobile/Orange) in your area? If yes, are you going to be saving loads of money? If yes, the critical thing is: have you ever needed to ring o2 CS in the last couple of years for other than a minor thing? If no, then you probably won't have any issues with Virgin Mobile. 

And I mean that in a good way! Any CS is subjective and you'll find as many complaints as satisfied customers on any network. 

Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey

No idea about Virgin, never used them.  i do know they run on T-mobile's network so if you can get a good T-mobile signal in your area then you're onto a winner.  Why not try a pay/go sim for a few weeks to see what kind of signal you get; and then switch if you're happy.

Message 3 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Hopefully you have a grasp of foreign languages for when you need to call their CS. wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Are you already a Virgin Media customer? That's the tarrif I see at that price on the Virgin website, and they're offering 2500 minutes, so I don't see what's so awesome about your deal. What phone are you being offered, as I see that their high end phones start with their £33 tariff?

http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/payMonthlyTariffs.do

http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/payMonthlyPhones.do

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

AH! I hate overseas call centres...thanks for that I may well change my mind or look elsewhere!

Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

How sad!!

Message 7 of 15

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I've used virgin a long time ago. Lets put it this way I couldn't leave fast enough once my contract was up. Shoddy service even in "good coverage" areas. You'll also need a translator to speak with CS I don't even think they have to speak English to get the job.

I'm not advising O2 but if you can get a better offer than virgin TAKE IT!!

That's my piece 😞
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 8 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I have recently had lots of experience with Virgin CS.... I am now enrolled on a college course learning Hindi wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 15

GrahamF
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 138 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 5 Solutions

yep, shocking coverage generally, always no signal when travelling around & poor CS!!! don't do it!! wink

Everything will be OK in the end. If it isn't OK, then it's not the end!!
Message 10 of 15