Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poor service

DW
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

DO NOT RENEW YOUR CONTRACT WITH o2 if you do not want to be ripped off by o2 recycle. I have just sent a pristine galaxy s8 back with not so much as a thumb print on it and after being offered £230 when o2 wanted my business I was in reality offered £46 !!!! (the same price I would have been offered if it was smashed to pieces but still turned off and on!!!!
This apparently due to "screen burn" which was at no point apparent during my everyday use of the phone.
Anyway I contacted o2 and after being a customer since they were BT Cellnet I am about to return my note 9 and cancel all my contracts with o2. They wouldn't even agree to add a token credit to my account in lieu of this derisory offer and the totally misleading information imparted to me when on calls to agents keen to get my new business!!

If necessary I will re-post this all over every social media platform to warn those considering an o2 contract WELL DONE O2!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@DW This practice by O2 Recycle is nothing new. Just search the forum and you will find many other posts similar to yours.

Ask them to return your phone and then take it to CEX. You're more likely to get a better price.

If you want to lodge a complaint, follow this link: https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
If there really is screen burn, surely this would be covered by warranty (it's 2 years on Samsung's) so you could always get them to put a new screen in prior to giving you full value of your phone wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is quite normal practice for O2 Recycle. I’ve been quite fortunate that I’ve used their service a lot over the years & only had this problem once but you will get better prices by going to CEX
Message 4 of 5

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

I agree CEX is best place to recycle your phones i always go to them never had any trouble slight_smile

Message 5 of 5