Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 coverage map

gmarkj
Level 58: Overseer
  • 8795 Posts
  • 90 Topics
  • 686 Solutions

Just wondering if anyone knows how often the coverage map at https://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker gets updated?

Any ideas @Martin-O2 @RafaC @lewys-gp @Chris_K ?

Noticed that I was getting 5G while my daughter was swimming, but according to the map 5G is not in my area yet...

Screenshot_2022-05-05-17-03-47-29_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

RafaC
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 1019 Posts
  • 66 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hey @gmarkj I will check it with a team at O2 and will let you know about it when I hear from them slight_smile

Message 2 of 4

Chris_K
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1715 Posts
  • 372 Topics
  • 151 Solutions

Hey @gmarkj - unfortunately this is a tricky one to answer as there's no set or defined times or days. What I can say though to hopefully explain your particular situation though is that:

1. We often test various connectivity options in locations for days, weeks or months before it's made official and reflected on the coverage checker. This is because our network teams need to analyse, optimise and tweak things to ensure reliability and optimal experience
  2. For 5G (and with 3G/4G in the past too) we require a certain coverage level before it's made 'official' on the coverage checker. For instance, where I live I've been close to a 5G signal area for a while but I've never received 5G in my flat until the past week or so - I suspect once a more of this general area has more 5G coverage and hits that threshold, then our coverage map will be updated to reflect it

The main thing with the coverage maps is it's meant as a guide - with mast issues or faults, we highlight those as soon as the fault is official so customers know it's not them or their phone, but for coverage improvements or enhancements, these may not be as quick due to the above couple of potential reasons.

Hi. I'm from the Social Media Team.

Message 3 of 4

gmarkj
Level 58: Overseer
  • 8795 Posts
  • 90 Topics
  • 686 Solutions

Hi @Chris_K 

Thanks for the great reply. Makes complete sense that you would want to make sure everything is working properly before announcing it, but maybe have a disclaimer on those areas where it is new that it is undergoing testing?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 4