cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network down

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know when it will be up again?
Message 1 of 727
726 REPLIES 726

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
From o2 Twitter feed O2: There's an issue affecting our service in some of the UK. Sorry - our engineers are investigating and we'll update you when we can.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 381 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Temporary solution - turn off 3g on your phone/select the regular o2 network instead of the 3g one - it appears this is the one thats down! now got full signal on the regular 2g network.
Hope this helps

did't work with my top of the range iPhone!

😞 :robotsad:
Message 381 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
i sound bad and you might boo me, but my phone is down to. what you need to realise there is probably some pore guy out there all on his jack tod trying to sort this out for us but it will take time so peace out to you dude... but it would help if we did have some info on what was going on

yea thats fair enough but it really doesn't take that much for one 02 advisor to put an update on 02's system letting us all know what was going on, then there wouldn't be all these comments.
Message 383 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree what you say but a simple note would be sufficient. Reading this forum tonight I dont think I am the only one let down by 02.
Message 384 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
yea thats fair enough but it really doesn't take that much for one 02 advisor to put an update on 02's system letting us all know what was going on, then there wouldn't be all these comments.

Yes, there would cos people don't search for updates, they just post their rants....
All,
This outage is down to a major power failure which is affecting both cellular and data services... it is also affecting some elements of service provided by other operators.
Unfortunately this is outwith O2s control, but as it's a pretty major outage - I'm sure it'll be fixed fairly quickly. It's unfortunate it happened shortly before the call-centres were closing...
HTH
Chris.
Message 385 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
My phone's fine! *ducks for cover*
Message 386 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
i sound bad and you might boo me, but my phone is down to. what you need to realise there is probably some pore guy out there all on his jack tod trying to sort this out for us but it will take time so peace out to you dude... but it would help if we did have some info on what was going on

Message 387 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Temporary solution - turn off 3g on your phone/select the regular o2 network instead of the 3g one - it appears this is the one thats down! now got full signal on the regular 2g network.
Hope this helps

Nope no joy!!

Didn't work for me either!
Message 388 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
i recon if i go to sleep it might be working when i wake up i will try that........ good luck guys
Message 389 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, there would cos people don't search for updates, they just post their rants....
All,
This outage is down to a major power failure which is affecting both cellular and data services... it is also affecting some elements of service provided by other operators.
Unfortunately this is outwith O2s control, but as it's a pretty major outage - I'm sure it'll be fixed fairly quickly. It's unfortunate it happened shortly before the call-centres were closing...
HTH
Chris.

I have searched high and low for updates and no joy, all i can find is hundreds of other customers complaining about the system! Not one thing from 02! maybe if the issue was written in bold on the home page then customers would not need to post their "rants"
Message 390 of 727