cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network down

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know when it will be up again?
Message 1 of 727
726 REPLIES 726

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does O2 tell us when the network is down in a particular area?
I've got no service at moment, since last night. This has never happened to me before.

Judging by the lengths to which some people have had to go to in order to get O2 to even admit there was / is a wider problem, no. Unfortunately as lowly bill paying individuals, we don't appear to have the luxury of something like a service status page.
Message 611 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Right, I'm all back in business (for now!); got Calls and Texts, Windows Messenger, Internet and Email all back on my BB with a strong EDGE connection this morning in the NG17 area. Hope this helps someone else . . !

Symptom: I changed tarrifs to Simplicity with the unlimited data bolt-on, but then lost all data coverage. (Phone was still okay for calls and texts).

Problem: I was given the wrong bolt-on.

Resolution: I was given the correct bolt-on (the one specifically for Blackberry), Allow 24 hours for changes, Pull battery and reboot, Re-request relevant service books, Reconfigure email accounts.
Message 612 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
My wife and I are also having problems with internittent signal since the problems of last week - PR7 area.

Now I have Vodafone service and on my HTC phones the weather location under Vodafone shows as Charnwood Richard but on my O2 phones alternates between Chorley and Euxton depending on the tower it's picked up. Now all of a sudden I am getting Charnwood Richard on my O2 phone occasionally!

Are O2 changing the tower/mast sites in this area? I do wonder as the signal keeps dropping out and causes horrendous battery drain to any of our devices on O2 - especially overnight. My suspicion is they are doing a hell of a lot of overnight engineering work and not telling anyone! Didn't O2 and Vodafone sign an agreement about sharing mast sites last year?

Certainly making me a very disgruntled O2 customer who is now out of contract and is thinking about exploring the other options....
Message 613 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
NO SERVICE RH1 AREA
Message 614 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am at Bournemouth and I am experiencing very slow 3G data
The internet speed fluctuates and mostly at the slow end and sometimes the signal just dropped to no service. 😞
Hope that we can get some answers soon.
Message 615 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had no network for 2 days i just went to my local o2 store they said it was the blackberry and iphone who are having problems...so i put my sim into a ericsson and still nothing......Anyone else got network problems in London...????
Message 616 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone else in the Ellesmere Port area having this problem
Keep losing network on our 4 phones 2of them iphones.
Network keeps dropping out then comes back and goes again 10mins later
Its been doing it since yesterday. Daughter Phoned o2 help told to take her battery
out !!!!!! Didnt work anyway.
Message 617 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
i've got an iphone 4 - it's showing a signal but won't send/receive calls nor sms... West London... anyone else?
Message 618 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lots of network problems here in Manchester over the past few days - connected with a full 3G signal but no data transfer at all..calls/sms work sparodically but data just seems to go "meh" and give up.

As I type now (ironically) it is working but I can guarantee it will fail again in the next 30 minutes 😞

Useless recently - it's a shame as I never had a problem until last week..o2 just don't seem to have the capacity.
Message 619 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,

I've been having a problem with my phone since last week, I'm on the simplicity tariff, can't receive calls or make calls, texts delayed or go to outbox and send after several attempts, its becoming really annoying, is anyone having the same problem?

Cheers
Message 620 of 727