cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network down

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know when it will be up again?
Message 1 of 727
726 REPLIES 726

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope - it's not 3G - the only other thing I can think of is that the network is down. Not really sure, have had so many issues and angry phone calls with o2 in the last month, I mean angry, that they've probably deliberately cut me off grin (not really but....) Thank you for your help anyway! I'll just hope that it's all a-ok when I wake up tomorrow!
Message 591 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope - it's not 3G - the only other thing I can think of is that the network is down. Not really sure, have had so many issues and angry phone calls with o2 in the last month, I mean angry, that they've probably deliberately cut me off grin (not really but....) Thank you for your help anyway! I'll just hope that it's all a-ok when I wake up tomorrow!

Hope so too :womanindifferent:

I'm in the middle of constructing an email to the O2 Chief Exec Ronan Dunne (complete with reference to this thread) - this will be the second CEO I've dealt with this year (Virgin Media being the last one). I've also contacted Watchdog to suggest they take a good look at this thread, and will be actively pursuing this with Ofcom if I don't receive satisfactory responses.

I don't realistically expect 100% uptime but I do expect my service provider to inform its customers, not hide behind diversionary tactics. There is a reasonable expectation of service implicit in our contracts and I feel that (at the moment) O2 is not meeting my expectation.
Message 592 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Couldn't agree more, I'd rather they were honest with me, it makes it less frustrating. I spent three weeks trying to sort out the whereabouts of my mobile, it had broken and was sent for repairs - O2 had a wrong address that they claimed I gave to them and as I can't hear on the phone I had to call through a 3rd party. But at a cost of 5p a minute I am terrified at what my next landline phone bill will be, and all because no-one could give me a straight, honest answer the first time. It's unfair. I'm just fed up now. Can't wait for the end of my contract, December this year, I've been with O2 10 years. Not worth it. Thinking of asking for a phone bill refund for the calls I had to make after they acknowledged their mistake the first time....sucks really.
Message 593 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Isn't this the 3rd time in the last 2 weeks. Its a pain, its down for at least 6 hours at a time. Complaint also sent.
Message 594 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Interesting - check out the BBC technology page. Despite us lot being told there were no problems it seems that O2 have admitted there were...although they still don't seem to akniwledge just how long this is/has been going on or how widespread the problem is.

Mine and colleagues 3G still ain't working...but it must be an en masse handset problem
Message 595 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems that the signal is still very patchy: while the City is OK, there are still problems in the Reigate and Banstead area as well as some South London regions. It will be good to see some kind of an explanation/information from O2.
Message 596 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still nothing in NG17 ...
Message 597 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same problem since Monday in Derby...shows 3G on phones but does absoloutely nothing apart from report server problems. Switch to GPRS and its fine.

Aparently no probs in the area all week though...perhaps it's aliens taken over all of the handsets here
Message 598 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
FINALLY!!!!

3G working in Derby...but still O2 maintain no problems and despite sending them
screenshots of full reception and 3G logo they STILL said to check I had good reception or could actually get 3G on my phone.

I'll give the one thing, they stick by the party line no matter what - there were never any network issues and it was just pure coincidence that 4 O2 phone happened to experience the same problem all at the same time, in the same location and for the same duration after which they all just happened to fix themselves at the same time.

Can't fault the speed of replies though...even if they don't actually read what you write or listen to what you say and stick to a 'turn it on and off' cribsheet
Message 599 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got my new 3G SIM activated but as expected, no improvement.

There's a new option on the homescreen of my BB for 'O2' - selected Get Settings - but got an SMS straight back from 2020 to say "unfortunately ... contact CS" 😞

So still nowt in NG17 today but I'm going over to Derby this afternoon so I'll what happens later.
Message 600 of 727