cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network down

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know when it will be up again?
Message 1 of 727
726 REPLIES 726

Anonymous
Not applicable
yea thats fair enough but it really doesn't take that much for one 02 advisor to put an update on 02's system letting us all know what was going on, then there wouldn't be all these comments.

Yes, there would cos people don't search for updates, they just post their rants....
All,
This outage is down to a major power failure which is affecting both cellular and data services... it is also affecting some elements of service provided by other operators.
Unfortunately this is outwith O2s control, but as it's a pretty major outage - I'm sure it'll be fixed fairly quickly. It's unfortunate it happened shortly before the call-centres were closing...
HTH
Chris.

I have searched high and low for updates and no joy, all i can find is hundreds of other customers complaining about the system! Not one thing from 02! maybe if the issue was written in bold on the home page then customers would not need to post their "rants"
Message 391 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
My phone still isn't sending or receiving texts or calls. This is a nightmare why have 02 not announced the problem
Message 392 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Temporary solution - turn off 3g on your phone/select the regular o2 network instead of the 3g one - it appears this is the one thats down! now got full signal on the regular 2g network.
Hope this helps

Nope no joy!!

Didn't work for me either!

oh. well worked for me! I have a SE phone so selected the 2g network AND selected the 'gsm only' feature, so other phones may need to do this if they can. If it still doesn't work, I'm sorry!
Message 393 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ring O2 landline number then select the option to report phone lost or stolen then u get a very nice lady who tells you whats going on with the network slight_smile
Message 394 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am not receiving texts either which is bloomin annoying when trying to sort social life out!!! grin

I am in Yate and not getting a signal. It occured after 02 202 called me. The irony!
Message 395 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 UK has an LPG generator installed in Yate and plan to assess whether this would be a viable alternative to diesel at other cell sites. This system can be combined with wind and solar power, which is a solution we are looking at for future implementation.

The wind stopped blowing?
Message 396 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
I`m in Cardiff, my wife`s O2 phone says No Network Coverage but mine is working fine???? Explain that one!
Message 397 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm in Devon... Nothing ! 😞

O2 really needs to be putting something on their homepage!

:robotmad:
Message 398 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
That turning off 3g would get a 2 g signal. Does it aslo have anything to do with the fact that Labour are no longer in power?
Message 399 of 727

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a IPhone adn saw a message on here advising me to turn my 3g off. This has now worked for me
Message 400 of 727