Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

masts broken

KL
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All - my friend is having a major issue with three masts still down in Putney / Roehampton / Barnes and mortlake area. He uses his phone for work and cannot get a service of any quality. He joined 02 in June...how can he get out of his contract as he has bought a service that doesnt exist. I moved to VM for that reason... but my contract was over. Any ideas please?  Thanks

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @KL

To get out of his contract your friend will have to cancel and pay off the remaining balance

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

It's the only way forward for him.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

Mast been down is not a reason to get out of contract early, this is because in the terms and condition which im sure your friend read, does state that they do guarantee that the service is free of faults, nor do they guarantee 100% service uptime. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 12

KL
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks madasafish! - Seriously? Gosh...must add that to my business T's & C's...and then go on holiday!

Message 4 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If he has a Refresh contract he can pay off the device and give 30 days notice on the airtime. Maybe expensive with 21 months to run but it's the only way unfortunately.

Message 5 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@KL I think you'll find that the terms & conditions regarding outages and up time will be the same for every network. O2 are no better nor worse when it comes to that. It's not only your friend being affected, and I'm certain O2 don't want to see customers without service, but it's not a valid reason for getting out of a contract.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 12

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

@KL could O2 wifi calling be an option for your friend?

Message 7 of 12

KL
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks
Message 8 of 12

KL
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Good thought will that work for browsing too?
Message 9 of 12

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

@KL wrote:
Good thought will that work for browsing too?

Yes, as your connecting to a WiFi signal, also browsing data will not be coming out the O2 tariff grin

I know Apple devices will support wifi calling but not blackberry, its depends what the phone is. I'm not so hot on Android though, sorry.

Message 10 of 12