cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fraudulent charge

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello.

On August 18th, there was a charge made on my Visa card that I did not authorize. Somebody somehow has gotten a hold of my card number and has fraudulently used it to purchase US$314 of product from O2 that I did not order. You see, I live in the United States and I have no use for these products here.

If somebody from the O2 staff can contact me so that I can discuss this further I would greatly appreciate it.

Regards,

JB
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

This isnt an O2 matter, you need to take this up with your bank/card provider.
If an act of fraud has been committed then they will act on it.
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
You'll also want to change your title as its O2 have not fraudulently charged you.
Message 3 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94071 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
You won't get a reply from O2 on this forum as it is customer to customer.
Use the 'contact us' link at the bottom of the O2 home page but as advised, you need to speak to your bank about the fraudulent transaction on your card.
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
You'll also want to change your title as its O2 have not fraudulently charged you.

I notice the title has now been changed.
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Use the 'contact us' link at the bottom of the O2 home page but as advised, you need to speak to your bank about the fraudulent transaction on your card.

I have spoken about this to my bank and they've said I need to talk to O2 and inquire them on who placed the order first so they can know who to press charges against. I just now used the Contact Us page because I had to find a UK zip code in order for me to send them an email.

I hope somebody from O2 replies back to my inquiry. Thanks!
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I notice the title has now been changed.

I didn't change it. 😐
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
UK law does not allow a company to give out the details you requested. You really do have to go back to your bank. It wouldn't be the bank pressing charges as fraud is a criminal not civil offense. It would be your local law enforcement.
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have spoken about this to my bank and they've said I need to talk to O2 and inquire them on who placed the order first so they can know who to press charges against. I just now used the Contact Us page because I had to find a UK zip code in order for me to send them an email.
I hope somebody from O2 replies back to my inquiry. Thanks!

Card fraud is a banking issue, not O2's issue, if someone went and bought a TV from an outlet, would it be that outlet's fault that someone bought a TV with a cloned card?

The bank you have is either very naff or just doesnt want to know, they should have cancelled your cards and sent a new one to you.
You should go back and speak with your bank, they will have a fraud hotline number somewhere.
Message 9 of 9