cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can someone tell me what data you can use within your data allowance, please?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I keep getting charged for mobile.02.co.uk browsing.  Please help.  not very knowledgeable about these things. 

Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like you're using a service called web daily, where you get charged up to £1 per day for 50mb of data. This is only applied if you don't have a data allowance included in your package.

You will indeed still be charged each day he uses the internet. You could call in to customer services and ask that your tariff transfer goes through sooner, you will get pro-rata billing though because you're bringing it forward.

The £11 tariff might be a good option depanding on how much he's using, it's 300 minutes, 300 o2 calls, unlimted texts and 250mb data.

Message 8 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Which phone and deal are you using?

Turning data off would stop it but without knowing more..............

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a Nokia 540 but it was the same on the previous phone.  it's the simplicity £10 a month pay monthly.  i pay the account for my grandson.

Message 3 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
What data allowance does he get on his package Jancis?
Message 4 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

At the mo just 50mb  but charges were put on when he'd only used 38mb.  I've changed the tariff to one with 750mb, which starts on 13th Feb, but i've a feeling they will still be charging.

Message 5 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 don't charge even if you go over the allowance they just stop you I don't understand why you have been charged
Message 6 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's a bit more info.  At the moment  it's sim only o2 Simplicity 300.  300 minutes, unlimited texts, 500 minutes o2 to o2 and 50mb data.  It will be: sim only 600 minutes, unlimited texts, 500 o2 to o2 and 750mb data.

Message 7 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like you're using a service called web daily, where you get charged up to £1 per day for 50mb of data. This is only applied if you don't have a data allowance included in your package.

You will indeed still be charged each day he uses the internet. You could call in to customer services and ask that your tariff transfer goes through sooner, you will get pro-rata billing though because you're bringing it forward.

The £11 tariff might be a good option depanding on how much he's using, it's 300 minutes, 300 o2 calls, unlimted texts and 250mb data.

Message 8 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you defiantly have 50mb included in the plan I've not heard of that amount before
Message 9 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Damien1.  Well they have been for a year!  I spoke to them on the phone instore today and have had to pay £3 a month so my grandson can't go over!!  Why they haven't offered this before when I've been in to complain, I don't know.  Thank you for the info, I am back at the store tomorrow to complain again.  I haven't been able to get into the account.  All my security answers were wrong according to the sign in online.

Message 10 of 20