cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

being charged for picture messages

Anonymous
Not applicable
iv'e just noticed that since upgrading to unlimited texts iv'e started to have to pay to send picture messages where as before they used to take 4 texts of your amount.As now all pay monthly tarrifs give you unlimited texts i wonder how many people will get caught out and charged by sending picture messages without knowing till they get there bill.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Makes sense? Why O WHY can people not use full stops, capital letters, and other punctuation marks - it makes it SO hard to read!

"Why O WHY" do people feel the need to criticise the writing style of other forum users, instead of trying to help them out by answering their questions?
Stop getting on your high horse just because people don't write their posts to your required standard. If you've got a problem with the way in which someone punctuates their posts, then please feel free to keep it to yourself.
This is an O2 customer forum for people with mobile phones and other O2 products, not the english language forum. The post makes sense to me. Granted, I had to concentrate a little harder to read it but I still got the message.
But now, seeing as we're on the topic briefly, shouldn't your post have started "Why, OH Why"...? You're missing an H there, Mr English.

Actually, check again. There is NO need for an H in "O". O in this context is fine without an H. I assume you know the Christmas Carol, O Come All Ye Faithful You know, the one with the 200 year old spelling mistake... LOL LOL LOL

In the end, Mr Tulstar, if people wrote properly, we would spend more time actually helping them rather than trying to decypher what they are are trying to explain, which I think is a perfectly fair point.

Also, why don't you go and check through the other posts saying the same thing as me (about spelling, punctuation and so on), if you have nothing else to do. wink
Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tulstar sorry i didn't mean to sound as if i was having a go after all these forums are here for people to help others.As i have only just joined i didn't know that this happened in Febuary,all i meant was that all new 18 & 24 monthly contracts now have unlimited text as mine was renewewd recently i presumed i still got free pic messages if not there should still be an option to have less texts and not have unlimited.It just means i'm paying for picture texts were as before i wasn't and i don't need unlimited text

Thank you for making this more legible.
Message 12 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93982 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Yes, as stated, all contracts were changed February 26th this year and anyone taking out a new contract after that date had unlimited texts and mms charged at 20p each.

People who remained on their old tariff with a limited amount of texts were unaffected by the change and kept their free mms and overseas roaming ratio of 4:1. I opted to stay on my present tariff as it suited me more than unlimited texts.

Unfortunately, you cannot revert to your old tariff and you will have to continue paying for picture messages. Your only real alternative would be to try and find another network who offer you a tariff to suit your needs.

Sad fact but people really need to read into the small print before agreeing a different tariff.

...and without wanting to open a great debate, I have to say that I agree with itguy about using some sort of punctuation in posts. It really does help to read and understand the original post. We are not the grammar police and I realise we have a lot of multi-national O2 users who may not be well versed in the written language of this green and pleasant land but there is no need to write in 'text-speak', just try to make posts clearer and easier to read.
Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, as stated, all contracts were changed February 26th this year and anyone taking out a new contract after that date had unlimited texts and mms charged at 20p each.
People who remained on their old tariff with a limited amount of texts were unaffected by the change and kept their free mms and overseas roaming ratio of 4:1. I opted to stay on my present tariff as it suited me more than unlimited texts.
Unfortunately, you cannot revert to your old tariff and you will have to continue paying for picture messages. Your only real alternative would be to try and find another network who offer you a tariff to suit your needs.
Sad fact but people really need to read into the small print before agreeing a different tariff.
...and without wanting to open a great debate, I have to say that I agree with itguy about using some sort of punctuation in posts. It really does help to read and understand the original post. We are not the grammar police and I realise we have a lot of multi-national O2 users who may not be well versed in the written language of this green and pleasant land but there is no need to write in 'text-speak', just try to make posts clearer and easier to read.

Most of us who help out here (I am not that prolific in my help) probably check posts during our work breaks, or when we have a spare moment, and try and answer/help out during that time. So, spending 5 mins reading the problem description is somewhat frustrating when all you see is words after words after words after words in a huge sentence.

Apologies for hijacking the thread!
Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Responding to an old post of Tulstar's dated 29/7/10 - I see what you mean but I've just fallen foul of this. I've been with O2 for 10 years and my tariff has always had 1 MMS = 4 texts. It simply didn't occur to me that the new tariff was any different. And my real complaint is that the change wasn't made explicit by O2. I'm pretty unhappy about it and will seriously think about changing provider when my current contract ends.
Message 15 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149370 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Unfortunately this highlights exactly why you should read the terms associated with you contract fully. You old tariff hasn't been available for many years so I would not expect anyone to think of explaining that change these days, although I appreciate how annoying it is for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 16 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course you're right Whizz Kid.  The responsibility is mine, but I did read the T&Cs.  You have to appreciate that in my mind 4 texts = 1 MMS was a fundamental part of mobile tariff structures.  I can see now that unlimited texts implies there cannot be an equivalence to MMS and, therefore, MMS will be charged.

The only mention I could find of MMS in my tariff was in the list of charges for items outside my allowance; and the list wasn't clearly labelled that that's what it was.  I still think there's a lack of transparency in the tariff, and I'm clearly not the only O2 customer who feels, lets say a bit misled.  Maybe the tariffs should list the ways you can incur costs with a mobile (voice calls, texts, MMS, data, etc) and explicitly give the allowance for each?  Then it would clearly say MMS allowance = 0.

Message 17 of 17