cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst experience ever

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the worst time with 02 in the past week their customer service is appalling. My phone which I've had a month and a half developed a small spot so I went into the store and the "Guru" (I now find that word useless) told me it was a dead pixel and run some software for a week. I did that but it didn't fix the issue,I went back into my local store and a 2nd "Guru" told me the screen looked damaged but told me it would be covered under warranty due to the time I've had the phone and there was NO cosmetic damage to the device and we will send it off for repair I thought perfect. I then get a text from 02 repairs informing me my phone isn't covered and please call them. I did and this is where the call from hell began. The first agent I spoke to told me it would cost £129.99 to replace the screen I said there is no chance as it's not that old, what was funny is she told me I could pay £264 to upgrade because the repairs team had classed this as customer misuse and abuse. I ask to speak to the repairs team and this is where I spoke to the worse customer service agent ever. In this call he told me I was a "liar" as I had no proof my phone had not been in a case and had the audacity to tell me "how do you think we make extras in charges" I was not happy about this as I asked him repeatedly how a LCD screen could be damaged without any impact damage he had no answer. I asked to speak to his manager he told me one was not available. I work in a call centre myself and know there has to be someone of that level on the floor at all time. I was told there was a queuing system and I would have to wait 48hours. That time past Friday evening where I still haven't received any callback apart from a NPS survey for customer service which was a joke. So a week later 02 still have my phone as they haven't had the curtesy to call me back. I have 3 devices with them and when the time comes I will be leaving and their retentions team will offer me the world to stay but won't bother doing anything now as it doesn't require anything of them today. Worst customer experience ever and still no closer to solving my issue...

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
This is a common complaint about about O2's repairers unfortunately and you would be better advised to send your phone to the manufacturer for repair. You can ask O2 to return your phone to you now and still send it yourself to the manufacturer.
You should also raise an official complaint with O2 so they have it on record that this is what Anovo are up to http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems that pattern at the moment with O2, I also had very poor service from O2 yesterday where, had they dealt with me correctly, I would have been putting more business their way. Take your complaint to their escalations team as it's totally not right in how you are being dealt with. Even if you got to speak to a manager I'm not sure you will get the resolution you deserve and that is a replacement phone. The phone isn't fit for purpose so maybe trading standards need to be engaged. Good luck and I really hope you get it resolved quickly, after all, it's not much to ask from a service industry is it. 

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 customer service is a total disgrace, they never resolved my issue they just gave me £30 credit to go away. None of the operatives did what they said they were going to do.

just by way of background i sent a phone in for repair, but o2 sent a replacement phone, once my contract was up i decided to unlock my old phone, O2 refused to acknowledge i received this phone from them despite supplying reciepts, and they refused to unlock the phone 2months multiple complaint escalation and they have done nothing.

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Complaining does nothing they dont care

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

just by way of background i sent a phone in for repair, but o2 sent a replacement phone, once my contract was up i decided to unlock my old phone, O2 refused to acknowledge i received this phone from them despite supplying reciepts, and they refused to unlock the phone 2months multiple complaint escalation and they have done nothing.

This is a relatively recent change of policy by o2 where they will now only unlock the original phone that they supplied directly.

We said this would cause issues when they informed us of the changes and you aren't the first person to fall foul of it.....

O2's advice is for the customer to pay for an unlock from an online seller or from a phone shop and to send O2 the receipt for reimbursment.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

They are the worst and do not accept responsibility, I have spoken to trading standards today and I will continue to post via social media and threads until someone steps up and looks after their loyal customers

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Mate, we can't help you and continually posting the same thing on here will just get your posts removed and you banned for spamming.
You had the complaints link and I suggest you use it http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

i also have bad customer services from o2 , this time its been refused a Pay monthly simm for £20.

nothing to do with credit checks , its their business policies.. ive been told sorry  but sorry...

awfull customer services,,,   even phoned them up and got an answer message for 10 mins saying how important my call is to them and someone will be with me as soon as there available....  then next message says no ones available , thanks for calling try again later .. goodbye...  and cuts me off... fantastic customer service or what ...

im with BT now ,  they seem to care a bit more than O2.

Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

i also have bad customer services from o2 , this time its been refused a Pay monthly simm for £20.

nothing to do with credit checks , its their business policies.. ive been told sorry  but sorry...

awfull customer services,,,   even phoned them up and got an answer message for 10 mins saying how important my call is to them and someone will be with me as soon as there available....  then next message says no ones available , thanks for calling try again later .. goodbye...  and cuts me off... fantastic customer service or what ...

im with BT now ,  they seem to care a bit more than O2.

If you're with BT now, then enjoy.

You have been informed on a previous thread how to get the info you're so hell bent to let everyone know about.

We are just customers here. We cannot help you.

Message 10 of 10