Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why not to go esim

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11406 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3154 Solutions

This article describes what a lot of us techies and non techies on here have been saying about sims for a long time, and to be honest I understand why all networks are pushing eSim from an Environmental perspective, but they cause so many issues.. 

https://www.makeuseof.com/why-regret-switching-to-esim/

And I will reiterate the following

If you don't know what an esim is, and don't understand them, and don't need one especially for Tariff changes then you don't need one.. 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125751 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7547 Solutions

@madasaf1sh 

I've never used an esim and from all the negative responses on here, I doubt I'll ever bother!

Seem to cause a number of problems I can do without!

Thanks for the link and your post. 😉

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7809 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

Two plastic, one eSIM but the reason for that will end in October as will the eSIM

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93922 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

I'm using an esim for  O2 without issue

There again my main number is with EE so if I do get issues with the esim I'm not too concerned

I'll quite happily bin O2 off, it's now only used for backup and I could just as easily use Vodafone or Three who both have better and faster connection than O2

Something I'll seriously think about come December when the O2 contract ends

Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9079 Posts
  • 207 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Thanks for the link @madasaf1sh, I have avoided esims to date and will continue to avoid them for as long as possible. 

However, I do wonder whether networks are pushing esims for environmental reasons or whether it is because they are cheaper and hence more profitable - there will presumably be savings in the sim production and savings in the packing and posting of them. 👍

Message 5 of 5