Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is 02 signal so rubbish

Ambercrow
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Why is O2 signal so rubbish? Every time theres clouds in the sky there is no internet singal. Worse service ive had misfortune of using.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11444 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

@Ambercrow 

Mobile signal can be affected by weather conditions unfortunately that is just the laws of physics, however clouds shouldn't affect coverage, unless o2 are bouncing signals directly upto the sky or you are at cloud level.. 

Have a look at this page https://status.o2.co.uk for any issues in your local area.   

You can always pay off your account, and move to another network, after first testing the network coverage on other networks through PAYG sims..

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 4

koala321
Level 3: Thinker
  • 59 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Ambercrow poor mobile signals in bad weather conditions is just a fact of life. It happens to most things that use radiowaves - radios, television, walkie-talkies etc.

Incidentally do you use a mobile broadband dongle? If you can't use it very well in bad weather conditions try connecting it to a 15-20cm USB extension lead. This will improve the mobile broadband signal and make it work a bit like an aerial. In really bad weather I've used even a 1metre USB extension cable connected to my dongle (that was during the Beast from the East, I think in 2017?).

Try standing near a window to make a mobile phone call if reception is patchy or outside in an open space away from big buildings.

If you have a smartphone you could connect to the internet via WiFi instead of mobile phone connection if you are in a wi-fi hotspot and use WhatsApp instead. (though the other person would need to be on WhatsApp as well).

😀

Message 3 of 4

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9098 Posts
  • 207 Topics
  • 26 Solutions