cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the Webmail Hiding on O2 Home page?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been searching O2 site all morning looking for somewhere that might indicate how to log in to Webmail to read my o2 email.

The whole site seems to be obsessed with Mobile access be it phones text broadband and simple Webmail access from any PC anywhere in the world has been hidden from public view. Is there some discrimination against people using ordinary PCs to access webmail on the O2 site?

I used to be able to find somewhere a little Envelope Icon that linked to Webmail login, but if I'm lucky enough to find one on the O2 site it links to a dead page. So I give them 1 out of 10 for design and thoroughness and have to say I don't like O2's webpages at all, they're fussy and very muddled. Anyone there can help me with clarity on this? Is it just me?
--
Plado.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm replying to my own question here because after a further half hour searching via the Site Map I found a back door way in to get at webmail.
Once I found a way to get to Email INBOX and logged in, I made a note of the URL that was required to access it. I found the following path:-
O2 Home; Services; Messaging; Email; O2Webmail; INBOX.

When I went back and tried to access it from that path going to O2 Home page I could find no SERVICES on the home page as a link at all. So I went back to the EMAIL login by the previous path and logged out, and then dragged the URL to my desktop so I can use that to access this hidden link.
www.o2.co.uk/myo2/email

I must apologise if anyone reading my post, thinks my query was a tad grumpy, but I hope you'll understand that it is still a stonking great waste of time trying to find the webmail login. There should be a link like they have on BT Yahoo, straight to it on the front page (in the banner at the top). I personally think this is a case of over streamlining of the o2 site. From my point of view having done 14 years of web browsing I think I can say with all honesty the O2 site still is far from right and not the least bit user friendly.
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems to have gone from bad to worse imo, UNLESS that bits still got to be improved more?
Message 3 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Most of the links are working ok now. The webmail link is fine if a little slow.
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
The webmail link is fine if a little slow

err, which webmail link is that? Like Plado I'm using a bookmark backdoor and have been for the last week or so.

The redesigned "new improved" home page is utter, utter rubbish. It's nothing but a sales portal. I spent 10 minutes trying to complain about it through the "Contact Us" link and gave up in the end.
Message 5 of 15

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well done StevyJones - your solution is a very good one and it works. I do like having a good rant somewhere about these things.
And because the O2 site still is far from good, I still think there's mileage in "having a go at them" (all in the best possible taste!) you understand.

It doesn't alter the fact that going to o2's Webmail shouldn't be buried in "My" anything. What does My O2 mean anyway? - I don't own o2; o2 own it! Microsoft is just as bad with all this My Documents My Music My Video. It's a bore. It's the interaction of constipated minds. The selfish Me me me me.

When a page is being written and communicated to customers or potential customers, it should say Login to "Your" account not "mine". My account belongs to the O2 office accountant.
They're getting their personal pronouns upside down from too much speaking patronizingly to kids. "Aren't we a good boy then" etc.

But I also find it interesting that you say that "most of the links are working now" Does this mean that most of the links previously weren't working? If so, no wonder we've all been having a wonderful time tearing our hair out trying to get at things like Webmail as we battle through to get free of all the Sales rubbish that existing users have to wade through.
O2 should have to give us discount for a bad frustration level, according to a Watch-dog rating of the usability of the website. Currently it's not much cop some say it's awful.

In fairness though I have to say that with my Mobile Broadband service, once they'd overcome the Network "timing out" every 30 seconds and having to disconnect and reconnect to do anything more than 30 seconds long, it started to be a really superb service. I've been using my O2 Mobile Broadband for months now when needed roaming and away from home, and it's really great.

It's more reliable than my home broadband which is through plus.net

So you see I like to give credit where its due, but I still think the website is rubbish. I think it's too fond of itself.
Thanks for your trick to getting at the webmail - I think you've cracked it and that was a very helpful answer.
Well done.
Cheers
--
Plado
Message 7 of 15

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
grin I'm speechless grin
You make some very good points.Yes there were a lot of the links not working and o2 being o2 started the new designed site and then started doing the links one-by-one.There are still outstanding issues but they are getting there (slowly :robotindifferent: )
My o2, I guess, is a relative term where you should be able to access all your personal pages i.e.webmail.your account, linked accounts,sms etc. It can be frustrating as people who tried the links without success think it's a waste of time trying again. It's left to saddo's like me to trawl round the site whilst waiting to go to work (work nights but the place shall remain nameless as the hit squad may come round to get me! Suffice to say I hate Sir(Cur) Fred!)
Anyway, thanks for your rant ~ its brightened my day wink
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well it's only thanks to folks like you who bother to have the patience to trawl around while waiting to go to work, that we get the help we need (or should get from O2) but I guess we have to give them some slack.

£20 a month for mobile broadband is a lot to shell out for a service that has a website where the designers are doing what we used to call faffing about with the patience of punters.

And as someone else once said, "The average British male Website designing bore, uses up ten times their own weight in other people's patience" or something like that (artistic license will allow me a bit of bending of the truth here).

Anyhow you've solved my problems and I'm delighted not to get shouted down. I might add that when I "had a go" on a forum of a certain mobile provider of phones who shall remain nameless (five letter word beginning with N) the Forum administrator censored my comments and refused to print them on the forum. He reckoned I was only "having a go" at them and he didn't like it. So I resigned from the forum and sent my device back for a refund and will have nothing to do with them any more.

Let us hope that your heavy mob comments don't get acted out or I'll have the O2 triads round here with macheties ready to punch my o2 lights out!
Cheers
--
Plado (a reincarnation of Victor Meldrew!)
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just discovered why I still had problems finding the Webmail from going into the O2 home page route.

There are two places on the front page with My O2 one of them says My O2 Account. It's not that one.
The large tab at the top where it says My O2, is still no use as clicking on that large tab won't take you to a page with Webmail on it, you have to click on the "DROP DOWN" list on the right hand side of the MY O2 link and that takes you to a page with 11 links, the last of which is O2 Webmail. Get the flags out!

Words fail me. Why is there a half hidden drop down list at the side of the main My O2 link? It's bonkers.
Message 10 of 15