cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsolicited Order

Anonymous
Not applicable

I moved back to O2 last week after a few years on another network. I'm trying to sort a few things out (minor things like the name on my account/contract being typed in all lower case and my phone plan is for the right amount but notes the wrong handset type).

After calling 202 to try and sort this out (they couldn't, so I wrote to the complaints address instead) the advisor informed me that 'at the moment, O2 are sending out free PAYG SIM cards. When yours arrives you can call 4444 to top it up'. Not being overly concerned, hung up from the call - next thing you know I'm getting e-mails about my order for a PAYG SIM confirming I've placed it, and then dispatch. I never actually asked for one.

Is it normal for customer services to submit 'orders' without actually asking for consent to do so?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

They did tell you in the call that free Payg sims were being posted. You could have said ,No Thank you.

They are for handing out or using yourself as these new ones are 4G ones.

If they send a sim out then they do send you communication that it's on its way. So yes that's normal.
Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

They did tell you in the call that free Payg sims were being posted. You could have said ,No Thank you.

They are for handing out or using yourself as these new ones are 4G ones.

If they send a sim out then they do send you communication that it's on its way. So yes that's normal.
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd have happily said "No, thank you" if I'd felt I'd had been offered a choice - that's what bugs me. If I'd been asked if I'd like one, I could have answered. It was phrased as something O2 are 'doing', at the end of a call when we'd confirmed nothing else was needed - which comes across as informational, rather than as a question.

It's no big deal in itself, it's another SIM to consign to a drawer - but just narked at the way I was informed when it wasn't something that would happen as a matter of course, but because the operator placed an order after our conversation.

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
They may have been tasked at sending out as many as possible.

I agree it could possibly have been worded better.

Like you say keep it as a back up or pass in to friends or colleagues.
Message 4 of 4