Did you mean: 

The Official Live Chat Feedback thread

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Many of you have no doubt used the O2’s ‘chat’ service from time to time for all kinds of support queries. We also held a Virtual Interview recently with Richard Clarke, our Head of our Digital Service, where he answered some great questions from you.

Off the back of this session, we thought it was great opportunity to hear from you on how you think the chat service is doing and if there is anything we can do better in terms of resolution time, accuracy of info and the general experience. This has been done before on the community for TU Go and its incredibly useful for the team to hear about what’s going well with the service, what can be improved and if you have great ideas.

This is your chance to get have your voice heard and we’ll do our best to report back with changes and improvements that we make based on your suggestions.

While this is an open discussion there are some guidelines that you need to keep in mind when you make a comment:

- If you want to sort out a personal query, please create a thread in the community and you’ll get some great advice from other members. Any personal query posts will be moved and a thread will be created for them.

- Please do not mention any chat advisors by name. If they are posted, they will be edited.

- If you have a transcript of a chat session that helps with your point, please try to avoid using them and instead make a comment on the experience itself. If a transcript is absolutely essential, please only post what you need to (i.e. a few sentences).

I really look forward to hearing from you and what can be done off of the back of your suggestions.

Toby

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 463
462 REPLIES 462

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lol 3 have non UK chat but I have in general got things sorted with them though I'm not sure if I should say that it might change 😕
I had yet another I'm telling you the truth I'm taking ownership of your case last night so I have to wait a bit longer but I said 9am Wednesday is it.
Then what really annoyed me the chat was cut and I wasn't able to print or even attempt to get an email transcript.
Now again I've no proof of what I was told by this third or maybe fourth honest agent. Patience is wearing a bit thin.
I'm not sure if maybe I prefer gg agents as at least you have a copy of what they say, even if it's wrong as well.
Maybe John Lewis could start a movo and did I read about amazon doing something in that line.
At least I won my 50 p bet that they wouldn't do as they said, I should have put £500 on it 😉 off to collect my winnings now
Message 351 of 463

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry to hear about this! If could, please send me a PM with any details about the exchange so that we can investigate it for you slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 352 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ill drop you a pm in a bit @Toby
I can honestly say I feel totally bamboozled by it all. one thing is clear there isn't information that customers need out there, you then go to chat to ask and get told pork pies as they say. As you know I am reasonablly confident with the forums and can often dig out information but if its not there then you have to rely on staff telling you the correct information. maybe an idea would be that if a customer asks a specific question, say for example ( and this is not my issue ) about when a port would be if they use the pac on thursday night over the easter bank holiday weekend. The agent shouldn't then say it will be on x day they should link the customer with an article that explains about porting and how it doesn't happen over weekends and bank holidays and that there is is cut off time as well. That way the customer has something tangible to check back on from an official ( certified ) source that can be relied upon.
not that I'm advocating copy and past reply as no doubt the 02 customer would hate them as much as the gg members do.
Message 353 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

okay.... Not at all impressed. Seems that the live chat only works whenever your system wants. I am trying for the past 40 minutes to chat to someone but no luck. The O2 Live page doesn`t even load, and yes I tried from different browsers as well. I think the whole website doesn`t work properly as I put an order through for collection one week a go...and it said it`s available on the day. On the way off processing the order it  dissapeared. Ordered again and same thing happened. Eventually third time it worked saying that the product is no longer available at the branch I was ordering from but it will be available to COLLECT in maximum one week. I got an order number after 6 days and that`s only because I called to get one. No email received. My O2 account is not even set up properly. I can`t track my order.... There is nothing there. Today is the 8th day and after numerous chats in the past few days I`ve been told yesterday that I will be able to collect my phone today in Braehead Shopping centre. I should get a confirmation but again nothing yet. And yet I keep trying to chat with someone one the beloved O2 webchat and it doesn`t work. So far my O2 experience is disappointing and I am thinking now how is it going to be on the whole life of my contract (which I didn`t even get). 

Sorry O2, not enough customer service for the money. Not to mention about the Technical issues encountered.

Message 354 of 463

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Have you tried this link?...http://www.o2.co.uk/mobile/chatnow

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 355 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, finally the chat is working and I am waiting for the past 20 minutes to talk to someone. Busy day it seems.

Message 356 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable
The complaints team were even worse they asked me if I was the account holder even though I'd already said. They then said to wait a few moments and over 15 is minutes later I was chucked off the server, with no chat transcript or anything.
I didn't have time to chase it as I have visitors abd we are now on the way out for a meal but later I'll be back on the case.
Message 357 of 463

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok  @jonsieI did  Bouncyonce we got back home and the visitors got home.

What a diffrence I spoke with two lovely ladies from a uk call centre, who showed genuine care and consideration, as far as I know what they have done should all be ok but i wont know for sure for another few weeks. 

There was a quite a long wait twice over for the call centre so I tihnk thats why so many go to chat, plus to be fair to them in the past they sorted most stuff ok. I feel bad to say chat is rubbish but then again I was cut off lied to and totally wasted a lot of time so in this instance Destroy

Message 359 of 463

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Fingers crossed everything is sorted out for you now slight_smile

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok  @jonsieI did  Bouncyonce we got back home and the visitors got home.

What a diffrence I spoke with two lovely ladies from a uk call centre, who showed genuine care and consideration, as far as I know what they have done should all be ok but i wont know for sure for another few weeks. 

There was a quite a long wait twice over for the call centre so I tihnk thats why so many go to chat, plus to be fair to them in the past they sorted most stuff ok. I feel bad to say chat is rubbish but then again I was cut off lied to and totally wasted a lot of time so in this instance Destroy

Message 360 of 463