cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The O2 Joggler Application Store (It's Here !)

Anonymous
Not applicable
At long last, the promised O2 Joggler Application Store has arrived ! grin

I got a text message from O2 on 31st March saying that the App Store will be rolled out from 1st April (No, it's not an April Fool !). This will included You Tube, Google Calendar, Google Maps etc etc.

My O2 Joggler updated itself overnight at about 3am (Waking me up with the O2 Jingle when it re-booted !). The Shopping Trolley Icon appeared in place of the O2 Button which has now moved to a second page and there's a new button with a right arrow on to move to the second page, and a left one to move back on page 2 !

There seems to be quite a number of apps including same new games but haven't had chance to look through them yet before I had to get up for work. I think I'll pop into the O2 Store today and see if theirs had updated and have a sneeky peek !

I'll add to this post with my views once I've had a chance to explore !

Good things come to those who wait, and we've all been waiting very patiently ! grin
Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just bought one myself and all the updates appear to have applied successfully but a couple of things are not working.

- Messages does not open and I have received no text telling me the number
- Factory Reset does not do what it says - All installed apps and user settings are still there despite trying it 3 times so far.

I am willing to give it a while to see if the Joggler needs time to set up on the O2 backend but if it isn't working by the end of the weekend then O2 can have it back.
Message 21 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,I've talked to a mate who works for O2. Apparently they'll be updating all Jogglers during the coming days including bank hols, but they cannot do them all at once. I guess we'll just have to wait.
Message 22 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mine and my brothers have now updated and we both have the app store, and i have to say, the Google Apps and Youtube are superb slight_smile
Message 23 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
My Joggler has updated with the App Store automatically.

It's a shame that people are having some negative experiences with O2's customer service over the Joggler. I've had mine since just after they released it and am really pleased with it. On occasions it'll freeze (not that often though to be honest) and a reboot will fix it. Back when I bought it, there was a problem with the Joggler Calendar on O2's website, so I called O2's technical support line and was actually passed though to their Joggler Team and they worked through the problem over the phone with me, fixing things at their end as we went and getting me to test it at my end which finally enabled me to access the calendar through their website. The staff were very knowledgeable and helpful and from that experience I couldn't have asked for more. Does this Team not exist any more?
Message 24 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
Suddenly tonight the App Shop is there. Apparently the O2 plan is to push it out between 1st and 15th April according to a guy in my local O2 shop - the email on Thursday didn't say that!
Message 25 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's 10:01 AM here in Surrey and there is no sign of the update :robotsad: and I still have not received any updated information for Sky New, Sport and Weather since 13th March.
Waiting to hear back from the O2 Joggler support about the Sky problem.
Richard

The software update came through this morning at 9:30 grin and the apps are very useful. The Google Mail is particularly useful as it is possible to access it from iCal on my Mac.

The Sky News, Sport and Weather problem was not cured :robotsad: so I will be chasing O2 again on Tuesday. In another thread it states that O2 hope to have a fix by April 7th, so fingers crossed.

Richard
Message 26 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,
My update arrived and I have to say that generally I am pleased with it. One thing that bugs me a bit is that it appears that now that the 'next page' and 'previous page' arrows have been introduced, my photos that I use as the screen saver no longer expand to fill the screen. Instead the have black bars at each side (funnily enough about the same pixel width as the 'next page' and 'previous page' arrows).

It just looks wrong and I have found no setting that allows me to stretch the picture to fill the screen.

Has anyone else experienced or better yet solved this issue?

On the bright side the apps are good I hope more are on the way. An internet browser would be BRILLIANT !!

Jonathan
Message 27 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mine updated Saturday night/Sunday morning of it's own accord through wireless connection. I had tried to force the update since it was announced through the message I received on it on 31st March but you just have to let it do its thing I guess. Mostly rubbish apps on there at the moment (who wants to play naff games on the Joggler?) but the addition of Google Calendar, Maps, You Tube and a more useful and localised weather app are welcome. Learnt through help option how to move them around and delete them too so my Joggler is even more useful than it was. Does anyone know if the O2 calendar will be able to sync with Google calendar in the near future?
Message 28 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
The photo screensaver now cycles thru photos at about one every 4 seconds even though the setting is for 45 seconds 😞

Can these people get NOTHING right. It cannot be rocket science and even the most basic testing would have shown up the issues we are seeing.

Very disappointed AGAIN !!!

J
Message 29 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone
We’re sorry to hear some of you have had problems updating the software on your Jogglers to the latest version - this was caused by congestion on our servers. We’ve now fixed this issue and the latest software, including the App Shop, should now be on most Jogglers. If it’s not on yours yet, please switch it off and back on again then make sure it can connect to the internet – the software should arrive straight away and be installed automatically but may take a couple of days at the most.

We also understand that a small number of devices were experiencing a problem with their Messaging function. We have found the problem and have resolved it – all Jogglers should be able to send messages by Wednesday at the latest.

Thanks
JP
Message 30 of 41