Did you mean: 

Switching to SIM only.

PTfromBT
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, everyone.

Long term O2 customer coming to end of contract on July 7th.

Looking to switch to the 12 month SIM with 30GB allowance and unlimited texts and calls for £8.00 pm.

I'd like to keep my current number. If I sign up online and opt to keep my current number during that process will my current contract end automatically?

Also. Will I keep my Volt benefits as an O2 / Virgin Media customer?

Grateful for advice by return.

Paul

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149530 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@PTfromBT 

No issues at all as you are upgrading your current numbers.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 16

PTfromBT
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @MI5. Thanks very much for your endeavours to assist. I really appreciate you doing so but I am somewhat confused on this matter so please bear with me. In real terms I am am not upgrading but downgrading. One example is one number will be going from 100GB with unlimited calls and texts currently costing £62.00pm to 30GB with unlimited calls and texts for £8.00pm. Is your advice still as above? Many thanks in advance.

Message 12 of 16

MI5
  • 149530 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@PTfromBT 

No problem bearing with slight_smile

It is still classed as an upgrade.

My advice is still 100% as above.

Select the tariff from USwitch and it will take you to your MyO2 basket.

Just follow the website from there.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 16

PTfromBT
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks so much for all of your advice and guidance. All sorted apparently.Cheers.

Message 14 of 16

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38491 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions
Message 15 of 16

MI5
  • 149530 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

You're welcome @PTfromBT 

Message 16 of 16