cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub Threading The Android Section Again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Morning All!! slight_smile

I know it was a pain at the start in the old format, But what would you guys all think about sub-threading the Android section again.

I say this because the current Android section (Due to the dominance of Samsung) seems to just be a Samsung thread.

Personally, I'm not much good with Samsung but better on others for advice. Would it make it easier of others to give advice if it was sub-threaded again?

One downside to this that I can see is.  There is more forum interaction in the current format.

Discuss.......

Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

In fairness - every forum under the sun suffers from users not using the search bar. That is something which you will come across anywhere.

The difference being that most forums are for peers who share something in common and so are relativley like-minded in comparison to the O2 Community. With 22 million (23?) customers and all having access to ask questions here (and on social channels) - there is bound to be a lot of repeat questions.

It wouldn't be appropriate for one of our Twitter staff, for example, to say "I have answered this already!".

However, I can see the point that you are making with this being a public community and so these repeat questions can be organised better for those who do happen to be searching around for answers.

I believe the work Toby and Chiara are doing with the FAQs and recognising what Community members are good at will go a long way to making sure the information that customers want is far easier to access and will hopefully minimise dumb threads that repeat themselves.

As with traffic, surely it is not the quantity that is important here (again, 22 million customers) but in fact where it is that traffic is going? I know that common threads will be reported on because I, in customer service, would report any trends I see in calls to O2.

So - it will be interesting to see how things go. Let's just see how O2 (and us) tackle the Apple launch wink

Message 51 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So - it will be interesting to see how things go. Let's just see how O2 (and us) tackle the Apple launch wink

If the last 3 are anything to go by, very BADLY wink

Its the same everytime, there are always promises to fix the problems seen for next time & guess what, the lessons never get learnt.

Message 52 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
Or more are created
Message 53 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
Crikey!

I go away for a weekend and it escalates somewhat!

Even as OP I agree it's time to lock the thread. It was an idea I banded out there and it's now pretty clear for all to see what the future holds.
Message 54 of 54