Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting a New Thread

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93935 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

There has been a few instances of new members finding it difficult to start a new thread. Here is a simple link to make things easier for everyone.

Start a New Thread

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
  • 149084 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28465 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I think @MI5 mentioned that the person we are discussing had been registered for 2 years in the days when you could log in with your user name... he was suggesting that maybe that person needed to re-register with their email address?

I think I have that info correct...,...Confused LOL

From the info I have I believe that is the issue.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 21

jonsie
  • 93935 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions
Message 12 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to figure out what's the problem but I'm still not sure.

It might have something to do with @MI5 mentioned. I will let you guys know as soon I have an answer.

Message 13 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will show my weakness here. When I log on via my Chromebook or Laptop I find it hard to find where to start a new thread. Indeed I struggle to find my way around Community.

My mobile however is much clearer and easier to see.
Message 14 of 21

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38288 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Is @Toby our only hope? (well, my only hope, perhaps!)

Thanks everyone for chipping-in, community spirit is strong with this one!

Message 15 of 21

pgn
  • 38288 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Start a New Thread

That works until I try to Select Board, the window that opens is impossible to navigate the message board hierarchy to the desired (eg, Off Topic) board the message should go to...  image for this in my Public Images, if it helps - as I can't add an image to this reply.

@Toby has been looking into this too, and thanks everyone for the cycles this dilemma has been given to-date!

Message 16 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 125802 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

Also @pgn.... yesterday @Anonymous was in contact with me about this issue, so it does appear that a lot of people are looking into it for you slight_smile

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 21

MI5
  • 149084 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28465 Solutions
Have you added an email address yet, pgn?
The forum log ins changed a while back requiring you to log in with an email address, rather than your username and if you've not gone through that new registration process it might explain the issue?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 18 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 125802 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Have you added an email address yet, pgn?
The forum log ins changed a while back requiring you to log in with an email address, rather than your username and if you've not gone through that new registration process it might explain the issue?

Yes...I did explain to Marina that was what you thought... @MI5 wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 21

pgn
  • 38288 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions
Flashback Friday... 🎉👍😁
Message 20 of 21