Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spend Caps

Poppysmum
Level 19: Quirky
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Did a survey for Panelbase and it was about o2 spend caps see below : I earned 80p lol for doing survey slight_smile

How it works:

When you apply a spend cap, it means that you will not incur any charges outside your monthly allowance  (plus the value of the cap you set). 

This means that once you reach your spend cap limit, we’ll restrict your ability to use the following:

• Minutes, texts and MMS outside of your usual allowance,
  • Calls to premium rate numbers
  • Messages to premium rate numbers
  • Minutes, texts and data outside of your roaming allowance

Applying a spend cap:

When you sign up for a new contract or upgrade with O2, we will ask you if you want a spend cap, and if you do, what level it would be set at. You’re free to choose not to have a spend cap if you’d prefer the flexibility of being able to make calls, etc. without the risk of having your usage restricted 

Spend cap levels 

If you choose to have a spend cap on your account, you can choose the level you set it at – the levels to choose from are: 

£0 ---- £5 ---- £10 ---- £15 ---- £20 ---- £30  

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Never knew O2 offered these?
Is it new or just asking for opinions on it?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

A whole 80p! Don't go spending it all in one place.wink

It's about time O2 introduced spending caps. I know Tesco Mobile uses it, and probably other providers do too. It's good protection, particularly if you have children on a contract phone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 10

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Wonder if o2 going to start doing this..............

Message 4 of 10

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

It was a survey seems like its in the pipeline. I have got £15 love to shop vouchers delivered this week from December surveys wink

Got £6-85 so far this month plus 80p lol 

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sounds good.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 10

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Never knew O2 offered these?
Is it new or just asking for opinions on it?

Surveys vary on topics ,length and price they pay this one was on technology and started by asking about  who my phone operator was and i said o2 if i has said eg EE i would probably have been told survey wasnt suitable for me and chucked out lol ............

Message 7 of 10

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If it was a survey then all's good. Like others have said, lets hope it's implemented.

I have never won one damn thing for doing a survey...so you were lucky @Poppysmuminnocent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Poppysmum thanks for sharing! Please do keep sharing your views on this and we can feed it back. smiling O2 are always looking at how to improve the customers experience and give them options to help manage their account. We are reviewing lots of options and will share with you when we have plans that are ready to go.

Message 10 of 10