cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam emails O2 not able to filter or block.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Recently I started to get spam emails from a variety of sources but they all point me to the same address http://y.ahoo.it referenced in the body of the email.

As the from: and subject: differ each time it is impossible to use the O2 webmail filter to nail this once and for all.

I have spoken with O2 and surprisingly as an ISP they do not operat any form of spam or content filters to which they could add the http://y.ahoo.it site name.

My PC and Laptophave outlook and I can auto delete the emails as they come in on those devices by my android phone email client has no filters so I constantly get these appearing in my phone email.

I have set up filters on my O2 webmail but that is a pain to do everytime one of these emails comes in using a different originating email address and or subject line.

The problem with filtering the subject lines is they are often the text legitimate friends and family use such as (my photos; my videos; my pics; hi how are you; etc.).

My other dilemma is that as I have multiple devices I don't have them set-up to delete my O2 account when I delete on the device. This in case I want to view an email on my phone but respond to it on my laptop as that has information I need to reply.

Therefore this one spam service is causing me a lot of aggravation and effort.

Can anyone tell me if O2 (who is an ISP) really does not have a content filter and never filters any emails on behalf of its customers or if there is an alternate service I can point (forward) all of my O2 email to and set-up proper filters there and point my devices to that?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Well I do not suffer this on my o2 email account.

Is this a 20mb free o2 email address or one with adsl?

But do remember that as of now o2 are no longer a residential isp and that will now be down to Sky.

I report any genuine spam to spamcop but all my non o2 email addresses have propper content / spam filtering and divert them to my spam folders on there webmail and I just delete that when required or after reporting to spam cop.

Those that already have jumpped ship to plusnet will have this sort of filtering in place.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 2