cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone explain Favourite Place please

Anonymous
Not applicable
If I top up £10 I get 500 minutes to landline and O2 mobiles from the registered postcode. Does that mean I get 500 minutes if I call any landline/o2 mobile from my postcode or 500 minutes from my postcode to other people in that postcode?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
to anyone from your postcode
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
How accurate is the post code detection. Can I wander around my town making phone calls or do I have to be sitting in my house of where the post code is registered?
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone?
Message 5 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
When you dial a number, if you are in your post code area you will hear a "free call" message.

If you don't then it's chargeable.

It didn't work for me as the signal fluctuated in and out of my house, so I cancelled it.

Funny thing was half a mile up the road it worked a treat.

It's one of those things you would have to test for yourself.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
'if you are in your post code area'.
It's one of those things you would have to test for yourself.

So does area mean fixed to your house or area. I guess if it worked for you half a mile up the road then it is area.

What happens if you get in the car, start a call in your area then end up 25 mins down the road in a different area. I assume all O2 can do is charge based on where you were when the call started. They can't track your position for the whole conversation surely?
Message 7 of 7