cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security fail

Anonymous
Not applicable

Everytime I've used O2 chat this month whilst trying to resolve an issue I'm always asked for the same 2 characters from my secret question. I asked why this was the case and apparantly that is the expected behaviour.

So. This would mean anyone over seeing or over hearing my conversation would be able to call back and pretend to be me.

Doesn't this sound stupid and a security risk?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

With all security, there is always a weak point. As ever, the onus would be on you to make sure that you were relatively secure whilst using live chat or phone. Not having a go at you but the trend amongst alll providers of services are writing into their t&c's. Just this morning, the amended t&c's of my bank mentioned that I basically need to memorise the pin numbers and I'm not allowed to use any form of electronic method of storing the pin. 

But there are a number of things they ask for to confirm your account like phone number, date of birth etc before getting to the secret question. You could always change the question immediately afterwards if you feel its been compromised.

Message 2 of 2