cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam message claiming to be from the O2 team.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think that I have received a scam message claiming to be from the O2 team. I have not opened it nor have I clicked on any links. I have taken a screenshot of it. Who do I send it to??

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144367 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Must be something going around.
A similar post from earlier today https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-topic/Aleting-folk-to-spam-or-phishing-O2-bills/td-p/1046723
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I very recently signed up with O2 and now I am getting spam phishing claiming to be from O2 on my work email, which I never gave to O2. Coincidence? Or is there a leakage from where I signed up. It is not hard to get from my name to my work email as my employer sees fit to publish all our contact details on line ( a UK university than thinks it is a global network). The messages came from multipe spoofed addresses but all said the same thing. You will be billed £233

Message 4 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144367 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
You're the 4th one today - They are just standard phising emails that anyone could get regardless of actually having an o2 account or not.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MercedesS @Martin-O2 @Marjo something for you to look into

Message 6 of 7

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys, thanks a lot for posting about this! We'll pass the information on and please do follow also the instructions and info on the page @Anonymous linked to above. Cheers

Message 7 of 7