cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Gear VR

Anonymous
Not applicable

I received my Samsung Gear VR with my pre-order of the Galaxy S7 and I honestly thought ‘Meh’ a free gimmick to plug some other Samsung technology. Boy oh boy, how wrong could I be?! I was in absolute shock just how good it was. Once putting it on for the first time it really does fell like you are in a different world. The headset is very light and comfortable too which does help as you could spend hours in there. I tried the free samples that came with the Oculus app and after this went straight to the app to download other content. The videos are projected onto what appears to be a 100 foot screen and has the same feel as being in an IMAX Cinema. I simply can not wait for the movies to be developed for Oculus.

Some of the games graphics are insane and really do bring 3D and VR gaming into a reality. If you do know someone that has one or get a chance to try it out make sure you do. I will certainly be exploring more features and options when I have time after work tonight. I wonder if at some point it may be a possibility for more than one person to enjoy at the same time, but would assume it would require some sort of link for both phones and headsets to sync together?

This is just the start of so many amazing possibilities and I am very excited about the future of VR.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Sounds fascinating and intriguing @Anonymous. Thanks for posting that. Nice one.Thanks!

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 13

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I'm assuming you didn't buy direct from o2
Message 3 of 13

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
But yeah, Gear vr is amazing.
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
not just a gimmick then thats good to no
Message 5 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I tried out the VR on a recent trip overseas which entailed a roller coaster ride. Ended up on the floor LOL

Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
omg really will have to get one at some point then whats the rrp on the vr
Message 7 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@viridis wrote:

I think it must have come from CPW?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Great to hear your opinion of the VR though. @Anonymous

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@viridis wrote:

I think it must have come from CPW?

Correct, CPW. The plans were cheaper than the ones offered directly with O2 (I have a 10GB plan). I believe the VR sells for £79.99 on the O2 website, but I may be wrong.  

Message 10 of 13