cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report your queuing experiences here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. I thought i'd start a thread so those queuing at silly o' clock in the morning can chat. I'll be here about 5am 😄

Tell us your highs, your lows and everything in between. If you can, some pics would be great too!
Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 41 of 47

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Good luck everyone, hope everyone comes away successful and satisfied😄

Message 42 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone else surprised how short the queue was?

cant believe how quick my sim swap was, by time I got home and put the nano sim in it was already done!  All that fuss lol!

Time for a good play now! Think mud daughter will be very happy she gets to watch unlimited Peppa pig today ha ha

Message 43 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's some pics from my local. Reasonably quiet as well.

IMG_0184.JPG

IMG_0182.JPG

And Ealing:

o2queue.jpg

Message 44 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

My O2 said they were expecting 100...I'm wondering if this 24 month only contract, lack of buy out deal has done it? That being said, there was no queue at all outside any other network.

Message 45 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Breakfast was a nice touch, plus we had newspapers.  Technical hitches slowed the process down (no £26 tarriff available so we're all signed up to £31 and they have to amend them for us), plus one computer was saying customer not recognised even though it had initially recognised us.

Friends and Family kind of sorted in that I have 14 days to add it to my account.

Best thing was I was at work by 9 - my usual start time is 7.30 and I worked an hour late the other night so only have to stay a little longer to make the time up tonight before I can go home and play with my new toy.

Noticeable that the other mobile phone stores were not opening early and there were no queues waiting for them to open.

Message 46 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable
Me and the wife got to the Middlebrook for 5:15 (a little later than I'd planned to be honest). We were 8th & 9th on queue and the 1st guy said he'd been there since 11:30pm yesterday!
The queue was at about 20-30 by 7am, and the staff turned up about then.
The breakfast bags were a nice touch, and we were offered newspapers and hot drinks. The gurus came out about 7:20 to let us all have a play with the phones and answered questions, which was very helpful.
Brollies & ponchos were also offered out and the 1st 2 in line were offered a chair slight_smile

About 07:50, the 1st 10 were allowed in the store and the orders were started. At 08:01 the 1st 5 people were served and we were seen by about 08:10.

We were both doing straight upgrades so nice and easy. Confirmed my name & phone number, showed the SMS I relieved, gave password, signed 2 forms and that was it! Paid at the counter and also used the £10 coupon from priority moments towards a new cover.

We were all done and on our way out by about 08:25... Not bad O2, not bad at all!

My wife was reluctant to queue up when I suggested it, but she absolutely loved it. We has a good old chat with the others in the queue and she was well made up with the breakfast (nice touch).
She enjoyed it so much, she's promised we can do it again! Ha ha ha.

So, we're now arriving at Alton Towers for a day of more queuing... I wonder if we'll be the 1st people in there with the new iphone? Hopefully she won't drown her new shiny iPhone 5 on the log flume like she did this time last year with her iPhone 4!

Thank you O2 for an enjoyable experience and for being so efficient whilst serving us. Very impressed!
Message 47 of 47